Author Topic: It's been awhile...  (Read 451 times)

DeadGirl75

• Dark Moon Series
It's been awhile...
« on: June 14, 2017, 12:13:34 PM »
It's been awhile since I've posted and I thought I'd give you guys an update. I've been on Plaquenil for eight months now and have noticed a significant change in how I feel. I have SO much more energy, but I'm still on steroids. The rheumatologist has lessened the dose from 5mg to 2.5. The latest blood work said my white blood cell count is high, which isn't uncommon for me. They said that some levels in my kidneys were elevated but not alarming. I'm not sure what that means, but I go back to my PCP tomorrow to have follow-up blood work. I started taking prenatal vitamins and biotin to help with hair loss and it seems to be working.

I still don't have answers on the body twitches or the weakness in my hands. It doesn't seem to be getting worse. But when the weakness hits and if I'm holding something, if I don't use my other hand, the object I'm holding will fall.

That's about it. I hope you all are doing well.
~DeadGirl75
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

SunshineDaydream

Re: It's been awhile...
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »
Glad to hear your situation has improved. How did your follow up blood work with the PCP turn out?
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: It's been awhile...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 08:50:32 PM »
I'm glad that you are doing better on the Plaquenil ad have more energy. I hope that they follow your kidneys and put you on med to stop the autoimmune attack on your body. I also hope they check you for lupus as Sjogrens and lupus can be hard to differentiate at times.

With autoimmune we just get one ailment sorted out and another ones takes its place. Good luck and keep us updated ono how things are going, Irish