Author Topic: God give me strength to take the bitter with the better  (Read 595 times)

SjoGirl

God give me strength to take the bitter with the better
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
It has been a very hectic and stressful couple of weeks. I've been to two conferences in two different cities and I presented at one of them yesterday (yay for me for having the energy to make it through 1.5 hours). Tonight I kick off another event and have to be there for four hours (feels like forever when you have SjS).

The major stress though is because my sister, my last living sibling, has cancer in her right lung and some lymph nodes. She had colon cancer last year, tried chemo, and then decided she did not want to continue on it). This is going to be a heartbreaking loss so I'm asking for prayers for all of us, my sister, her daughter who is her caregiver, me and the whole family.

Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: God give me strength to take the bitter with the better
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:02:41 AM »
Hi

That is hard news to take. Looks like you and your family have some hard, dark times ahead but its good you are there for each other. Your sister sounds like a brave lady.
Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and we are always here to sound off on.

Hugs

Scottie
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:53:32 AM »
SjoGirl, you have my  prayers for you and your family with all these difficult times. Everyone also on the board has my prayers as well.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane, Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventil.

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:38:29 AM »
So sorry to hear your sister has cancer and you and your family are going through a tough time. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you are able to make some good memories during the remaining time.
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

SjoGirl

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »
Thanks all. My sister is with me this week while my niece, who is her caregiver, takes a well-earned break. The time we are spending is already precious given that we know the clock is ticking.
Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 07:39:34 PM »
I'm glad that you can get together. Hope you can have more of these days. They are blessed. Irish

loulou

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 12:36:45 PM »
 sjogirl,

so sorry to hear, Hope you had a good quality week with your sister and niece, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

x Loulou
primary sjogrens, primary biliary cholangitis, auto-immune hypothyroidism, Osteoporosis gerd.hiatus Hernia, cold feet, no tears, lacrilube, celluvisc, thyroxine, ursofalk, gabapentin, omerprazole.

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:21 AM »
Checking in to see how you and your sister are doing. Sending positive vibes your way.
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic