Author Topic: Intense lung pain when inhaling.  (Read 239 times)

sixty

Intense lung pain when inhaling.
« on: June 03, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »
Hi everyone:  I went to the emergency room today due to severe pain in my lungs. I did have a heart attack 2 years ago, but all tests today came back negative for heart issues.  They also tested for pneumonia and my lungs appeared okay on the x-rays.   Every time I inhale it hurts.  It also hurts when my heart rate goes up.  It sucks because no one at the hospital figured it out.  I let them all know I have Sjogrens and they sort of ho hum'd it which doesn't surprise me.  Has anyone experienced this  symptom?  Thanks for anything!

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Intense lung pain when inhaling.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
Look up costocondritis online and see if they fits the bill. I tell you this only because you have had the big issues ruled out. I assume they also checked for blood clots in the lung which usually show up on cat scans.

Costochondritis is fairly common in autoimmune diseases. It is inflammation around the ribs. I have had it this past year for the first time. Just pressure on my chest hurts. When a person has it bad the pain can be very bad. I hope that you can touch base with your doctor to see if he wants to check you out. Good luck. Irish