Author Topic: A personal share..because I'm a proud mom  (Read 494 times)

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
A personal share..because I'm a proud mom
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:23:53 PM »
Hi Sjoggie-mates,

We have so many down moments that I get excited when something great happens. As I have shared with you, my son is an active duty Marine serving in the very dangerous location of Pakistan.

Today my son shared with me that he was just chosen to take part in a program (non-profit) created for Vets who are being acclimated back into the community from serving/deployments. The program is called: Battlefields To Ballfields. They give the Vet a scholarship and train them to be a sports official in whatever sport they choose. They train them, pay for their uniforms, pay their dues to the official's association and give them a mentor.

They are taking the program national next year. The goal is that at least some of these Vets will make it to the professional sports level. My son is just completing his sports management degree this month. Pakistan has really done a number on him. I am so grateful for this program. It couldn't happen at a better time.

Thanks for letting a proud Sjoggie Mom gush!
SjoDry
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:54:50 PM by SjoDry »
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: A personal share..because I'm a proud mom
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
That is Great!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

P.Trish

Re: A personal share..because I'm a proud mom
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »
What a wonderful program!
Thanks for sharing - gushing is allowed :)
female dx'd Jan 2012, English/Drama Teacher: retired, plaquenil 400mg, aspirin 80 mg, Lisinipril 20mg,  fish oil, multi vitamins, methyl pred  pack (every 2 months) evoxac, d-mannose, biotin, gluten free
. Stroke survivor  'Have a heart that never hardens and a touch that never hurts" (Dickens)