Author Topic: GI upsets can be from pancreatic enzyme insufficiency--I am starting meds.  (Read 1722 times)

SjoGirl

Irish, my first hematologist always thought that I had a malabsorption issue. Interesting that since I've been on Nexium, 40 mg, every day for about a year now I don't seem to have that problem. I gained about five pounds and my bloodwork has been normal most of the time since.

Also, agree about inability of colon to process some foods, fats run through me in a not good way.

Hope that the enzymes help, you have suffered much!
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
It is really a pain having to take pills every time you eat. I am starting out slow and taking 1 or 2 pills depending on the size of my meals. It has been almost a week and it seems like I am less aware of my colon activity then previously. Time will tell. Irish