Author Topic: New neuro, new med  (Read 271 times)

Nymph

New neuro, new med
« on: May 17, 2017, 04:37:10 PM »
I saw my new neurologist today. She was amazing! She was warm and friendly, a good listener, familiar with autoimmune (she has RA), POTS, EDS, you name it. She took all of my issues into consideration and seems extremely flexible and intelligent.

She started me on Depakote for both migraine prophylaxis and focal seizures. She ordered an MRI to check for lesions. She was understanding and flexible in terms of my looking for a competitive cash price for the MRI. Basically,  :) :D ;D

The only drawback is that her office looks like not a thing has been changed or update since the 1980s... looks like an administrative nightmare... and took me 2 1/2 hours to see her. But a doctor like that is worth the wait and at least the fellow patients who recommended her to me warned me.
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

SjoGirl

Re: New neuro, new med
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:41 PM »
Congrats! Hope that the meds help.

FYI maybe not changing the decor keeps prices down.
Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.

Nymph

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 03:39:09 AM »
No, I think that her price was average. She's billing $330 for a new patient appointment. But she practices on her own, which means that her overhead is sky high. Almost no one can do that anymore.
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 12:37:47 PM »
Sounds like you got a good doc there. I would give her good references with all my friends and relatives cause she will need the business to keep going. Tough that everyone has to be in a big corporate medical office these days. Irish