Author Topic: Inspirational Poem  (Read 594 times)

SjoGirl

Inspirational Poem
« on: April 02, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »
Hello all,

Here's hoping that this poem that I wrote during a time of challenge and transition will provide some inspiration to others. I can say now nearly 10 years after become ill that I had to give up much, but also learned to find joy in new roles and accomplishments. I am I believe the phoenix rising.

SjoGirl

There Once Was a Woman
Who thought she could leap tall buildings in a single bound.
(She sort of did, but realized later that lots of folks were helping propel her onward and upward).
Who was full of energy and ready to take on the world!
(She sort of did, at least she took on the world as she knew it).
Who thought she would keep on rising, lifting, ascending, to higher, even the highest of, heights.
(She started to, but then . . .)
Balloon burst and down -- spiraling, plunging, a long, far, very long way – she went.
(She started to crawl and climb her way back up, but . . .
The top was so far up and she was so far down).
There once was a woman who . . . thought if she crawled and clawed and reached and rose just a little bit each day. . .
She would awake again on the mountain top, survey the valley below like the hawk, reach out and touch the moon the stars, even the sun.
But that mountain was not hers to ascend, that place and time passed.
Now like the Pheonix see her rising, lifting, flying, with new wings and new horizons to explore.
No fairy tale ending, but who knows what might yet be, there once was a woman who . . .
Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.

Bigleyj

Re: Inspirational Poem
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »
Great work 😀
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
That poem is beautiful. I could feel it as I was reading it.  :)

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane, Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventil.

P.Trish

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:52:30 AM »
Never give up.
Thank you for sharing your inspirational words.
female dx'd Jan 2012, English/Drama Teacher: retired, plaquenil 400mg, aspirin 80 mg, Lisinipril 20mg,  fish oil, multi vitamins, methyl pred  pack (every 2 months) evoxac, d-mannose, biotin, gluten free
. Stroke survivor  'Have a heart that never hardens and a touch that never hurts" (Dickens)