Author Topic: New treatment  (Read 1458 times)

SjoGirl

Re: New treatment
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 11:24:04 AM »
One of the things that my rheumatologist and I discussed on Monday is drugs and reactions to them. I'm going to paraphrase and say somethings work for some people and some work for others.

I have gastric issues and have to take Nexium daily to control GERD, even my PCP has said her SJS patients have not been able to quite taking it. So, would I let someone worm me, I'm not so sure. I tried probiotics years ago when I first was ill and they made my face break out horribly, even the residents in the care facility where I worked commented on it.

I might share this with my gastro doc to see what he or his staff have to say about it.
Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.

araminta

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 12:58:50 PM »
Thanks for your reply, WhatYouSjo.   It certainly sounds as if this type of treatment has potential to help SS sufferers.   
Dry eyes (MGD),dry nose, dry mouth, labyrinthitis, rashes, dry skin, mouth ulcers, constant but fluctuating fatigue.  Blood tests and Schirmers negative and no Sjogrens dx yet.   Flax oil, multivitamins,  saline nasal spray, Hylo forte, Lacrilube, organic castor oil for eyes.

SabbraCadabra

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 05:36:21 AM »
I didn't click the links yet, but I'm assuming this would be something you'd need to take regularly.

I'm very tempted to look into this hookworm therapy...especially with the past week or two, feeling so awful after a month of feeling awesome.

wendyoh

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 08:39:14 AM »
thanks whatyousjo for the info that was helpful

I would be curious to hear from folks doing that treatment if they have to avoid spices and herbs that fight parasites to avoid feeling sick or messing with their treatment
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

WhatYouSjo

• What You Sjo
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »
Wendyoh, there is a list of potentially problematic foods, drugs, and supplements. Most problem items are drugs, with most spices being fine at normal dietary quantities.

A patient named John Scott manages a Facebook group for helminthic therapy. He also maintains a lot of useful documentation, such as the care manual with the list of items that can interfere with HT. If you are interested and have not yet done so, I recommend reading the Helminthic Therapy Wiki, particularly the Introduction to helminthic therapy document. The site is provider-agnostic, but they do provide a short description of the currently operating HT providers.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, select supplements, helminthic therapy, LDN, and CBD. My treatment regimen

You can visit my website at http://www.whatyousjo.com

wendyoh

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »
hey thanks again, I think I did join some group at FB about the therapy Whatthesjo, but my brain isn't working too great this week, in middle of dealing with dry socket after tooth extraction so was going to delve deeper when brain a little better, I think I could handle wiki now tho ;)
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

wendyoh

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »
whoa that is interesting, I followed one of the links and reading contraindicated things for one of the worms---promethazine and pumpkin seeds and the clove oil the oral surgeon just packed in my dry socket wouldn't be good either
interesting also moringa is anti-helminthic (sp?)  I have been putting that in my smoothies, can't tell if I like it or not, using minute dose, but a friend of mine with psoriasis swears it cleared it up for him.....

I love reading about this kind of thing, how different chemicals interact and best ways to heal and how to do it with more "natural" methods

SabbraCadabra

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2017, 05:55:58 AM »
...I think I'm about to take the plunge and order some NA...

*breathes deep*

katie1111

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
I remember quite a few years ago when a new medication appeared in Europe for the treatment of PBC. I forget the name of it, but I was all enthusiastic.  I took the article promoting it to my doctor.  He read it and said that he would not recommend trying any medication that had not been approved for at least 3 years.  His reasoning was that the clinical trials treated too few patients to adequately check for side effects which may appear after thousands of people have been treated.  In reading one of the articles on this therapy, I noted that a few people did have reactions.  Also there is no information about long term affects.

When Ursodiol (the first drug approved for PBC) came out, we were assured that it was safe and no side effects.  Over the years, though I know of no deaths, Urso, although Urso is generally safe, it has been found to have major side effects in some people.

When Methotrexate was first tried with PBC at least one patient died.

I hope this therapy works, but right now I am a little leery of the side effects and long term effects.  I will wait and stay informed.

Katie1111