Author Topic: Anybody from Perth, Australia  (Read 612 times)

Lotus1

Anybody from Perth, Australia
« on: March 15, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »
Hello everyone

Wondering if there is anyone else from Perth, Australia on the forum?

Would love to hear from you.

Lotus1

Bigleyj

Re: Anybody from Perth, Australia
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:06:57 AM »
Really no-one??!!
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

Lotus1

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:05:59 AM »
Looking as if sjogrens is like limes disease, it just doesn't exist in Western Australia, except me....l

Dawnmist

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 06:17:12 AM »
It's more likely that the Rheumys in WA are dismissing it as fibro/menapause/"normal" aging, so people are not getting the help they really need.
Diagnosed Sjogrens + Fibro March 2015, SFN Confirmed March 2016, LFN (sensory) Confirmed Dec 2016, ANA 1:640 Sep 2016, SSA+/SSB+, wheat intolerant (not gluten intolerant - rye/barley are ok), Vit D, Omega3 (fish), Gabapentin, Tramadol, Celebrex, Lidocaine patches, Plaquenil, Duloxetine, Primolut

Lotus1

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 05:02:10 PM »
Sadly, I think it may be the case Dawnmist.

I left my normal glasses at the guesthouse in Frankston.
Been trying to get the owners to return them to me at my cost of course.
No go so far.  Wait and see if they send them after Easter.
The glasses have been of no use to me not being able to focus properly using them.  Carry them as spares.
However, if the serum drops are going to help as informed I'd like to trial the glasses at least temporarily. 
Would like larger lenses.

I had blood taken on Wednesday.  If all ok should be able to collect serum eye drops Tuesday or Wednesday.
I'm a little excited!

pgf54

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:24:54 AM »
Hi Lotus, i live just out of Perth, i am not sure i have sjogrens, i have been told maybe fibromyalgia, and diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy, mainly small fibre.  Symptoms are on going and i cannot find a Doctor in Perth i can relate to and who will listen. I believe i have something autoimmune happening but last tests a year ago were mainly negative. Currently have numerous pain, joint pains and generalised aching with tiredness,gastro and bowel issues,  dry mouth only at night and dry eyes, just having got rid of corneal ulcers. Also blue hands and feet when its cold.
Would love any recommendations for a good Gp, neuro or rheumatologist.
All the best Paul
Sj symptoms but sero negative, b p p v?, Raynaulds, peripheral neuropathy, extensive  osteo arthritis , cervical spondylitis, plantar fibromatosis,  vit D with K2, Curcumin, Fish Oil, , Kyolic garlic with co enzyme q10, tumeric, B12

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 09:14:58 AM »
There used to be a Yogi Master that I think lived in Tasmania. So you may wish to widen your request. I think there were some in Melbourne also. The thing is they should be experiencing the seasons about the same as you. They may have some tips for your climate.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism