Author Topic: Two things: SFN Fingertip annoyance and raised Criatinine?  (Read 3541 times)

Tharrell

• There has to be humor in this somewhere!
Re: Two things: SFN Fingertip annoyance and raised Criatinine?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »
MAT, my rheumy diagnosed me sjogren's for having positive ss-b and ana. I got the mctd for positive rnp. I get sausage fingers swelling that comes and goes. My raynauds doesn't cause major color changes, but the tips are constantly numb and paining me. I do have some hardening skin on my body that my rheumy told me to watch.
I too had a bad case of pompholix twice on my hands involving both hands at the same time. It affected all of my hands including my palms. When it was done the whole hand started peeling. I had a dermatologist look at them and he didn't know what it was. My rheumy made that diagnosis.
MCTD, sjogren's,dRTA,CVID, sero neg. ra,achalasia,Morvan’s syndrome,familial dysautonomia,POTS, MCI, IC. Occular neuromyotonia migraines,raynauds,B6,Florinef, propanolol,sodium bicarb, plaquenil,requip,B2,topiramate, synthroid,diazepam,trulance,enbrel,cevimeline,
arava,omeprazole, mexiletin

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 04:49:49 PM »
 Hi  :)

Several years ago I had a really bad attack of pompholix. I had blisters all over the palms of both hands and the soles of both feet and it was excruciatingly itchy. The blisters were quite large in some cases and they behaved as blisters do - burst -leaving raw skin underneath. The little ones that dried up then peeled - sometimes down to raw skin.

Since then I have had regular attacks of it but never as bad as that first one. Latterly the blisters have been tiny - in some cases more like roughened skin but the itch is still awful. bigger blisters seem to appear on the feet - but never as many as the first time. It was a GP that diagnosed mine.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

MAT51

• Hashimoto's, SN RA, Primary Sjogren's, SFN
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 10:26:44 AM »
Thanks Tharrell and Scottie. I'm reduced to typing with my pinky finger because the sensory discomfort in my fingertips has become so unpleasant - plus tapping of hard skin on iPad screen feels and sounds horrible - like a woodpecker!

I saw one of my former island GPs this morning to see what he thought. He clearly didn't grasp the Sclerodactyly side of CREST/ Scleroderma because he expressed bafflement at what he saw (torch and magnifier). He felt it didn't correspond with Raynauds but I suspect he was thinking of digital ulcers or calcification rather than sclerodactyly i.e hard skin and pitting. He said he had never seen anything like this and was intrigued. Wondered if it might be the manifestation of a viral infection (I've had itching and tingling in fingertips and pomphylix comjng and going for six months now so definitely not!). Otherwise he just couldn't say but suggested that I use Betnovate steroid ointment twice a day on each affected tip for a week and then review. He looked up Cellcept as only has two other patients on this in this area. But again, the tingling and itching started a few months before I began this drug so I knew this was a blind alley.

Personally I think it must be CREST because there's nothing else to explain and I do have telengecstasias over palms and finger pads. But whatever it is it's proving much more disabling than I would have ever imagined. It's sore, itchy, tingly and really uncomfortable and I do hope it relates to Pompholyx/ eczema or a virus and goes away with the betnovate or erupts into pustular lesions as part of a virus. But I'm not holding out much hope i admit.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:30:22 AM by MAT51 »
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Two things: SFN Ftcher.ingertip annoyance and raised Criatinine?
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
I think you win the prize the past few days for having a symptom that is a hard to diagnose. I hope that you can get the answer to this soon. I know that it is a big concern for you. Thankfully you have a doc who know about this stuff. Take are and let us know what is going on when the time comes. Good luck. Irish
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 09:36:01 PM by irish »

MAT51

• Hashimoto's, SN RA, Primary Sjogren's, SFN
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 12:41:52 AM »
Ha ha thanks Irish!  I'd much prefer to get fingers back to normal over the "interesting" prize - had a dream that they were back to normal and woke up so happy this morning only to find that I've still got the itchy woodpecker tips  :-\
Hashimoto's, seronegative RA, Primary Sjogren's, small fibre nld polyneuropathy, hypertension, IBS-C, GORD, BMS, highly allergic disposition!