Author Topic: The hum of my shredder ..........  (Read 439 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
The hum of my shredder ..........
« on: February 07, 2017, 12:24:25 PM »
Hi!  :D

In an ongoing effort to get my house "in order" (it's always on my "to do" list) - I've tried to cut down on the paper clutter around our house.

Through the years, I have discontinued newspaper and magazine subscriptions to help in this effort.

I have many 12 & 16 qt. size clear plastic boxes w/lids full of receipts.  Receipts from utilities, credit cards, banks, insurance, pay stubs, stores, etc.  LOTS of receipts! Twenty plus years of receipts!!    :o

So . . . . last week, I started going box-by-box and shredding those items that are no longer needed for tax purposes or to keep for records of purchase.  Oh.my.goodness!!  I have spent hours and hours and hours sorting through everything.  Out of the four boxes I have already gone through, I have a small handful of things I am keeping - the rest has been shredded.  I have a big 30 gallon trash bag full of shredded items and I'm working on another 30 gallon bag now.

My poor shredder has been humming big time!!  I love my shredder!  ;D  I'll probably burn this one out before I am finished with everything!

With all the hacking of accounts, etc., that happens so frequently these days, one cannot be too careful in safeguarding their personal information.  I shred everything that has an account number, address, etc. on it.

I'd love to stay and visit with y'all, but I have to get back to my shredding and getting rid of paper clutter.  I'm getting there, one-box-at-a-time!  I have about 10-12 more boxes to sort through.  ;D

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: The hum of my shredder ..........
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »
Boy, are you organized and thorough. Glad you have a shredder so you don't have to cut all these up. lol Just teasing. I know how it goes with all this paper work. When I got married hubby and I could put all our income tax stuff in a shoebox. Now it takes big plastic storage box and end up with so much to shred and burn. Drives me crazy. Trying to cut down on stuff in the house and have to keep all these papers for 7 years!!!Irish