Author Topic: I put my detective hat on and....  (Read 735 times)

DeadGirl75

• Dark Moon Series
I put my detective hat on and....
« on: February 06, 2017, 09:28:19 PM »
I finally found out what that is. Tonight, I was scratching my palm. It itched like a mofo! A blister appeared and it popped, the fluid was clear and the itching became less intense. I looked up my symptoms and it is dead on for bullous pemphigoid. I've never had it before, but from what I can find, it can be a reaction to penicillin. I'm currently on azithromycin and nearly done. Have any of you had this?
~Shelly

Don't look to the past, there's nothing new there for you.

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: I put my detective hat on and....
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:26:52 PM »
Chances are this is not Bullous Pemphigoid. I have Bullous Pemphigoid and it is much more invasive than what the picture shows. Also, it is generally found in people who are older as in over 50-60 years old. There are many little rashes that we can get that will have a blister that will pop.

There is a skin condition that will cause little tiny pimples on the hands and in between the fingers. These will itch and develop little blisters that can be popped. I used to get these a lot when I was younger as did my hubby. I can't think of the name of this but someone may show up with the answer. Irish

DeadGirl75

• Dark Moon Series
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »
Yes, I've had those little blisters. Mostly around my nails and fingers. Hmm. Maybe I'm not as good of a detective than I thought.  :-\ Well, I'm still taking the pictures to the doctors.

Thanks!
~Shelly

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
It is pretty much impossible to diagnose anything by a picture as there are so many variations to different skin conditions. When I was in nurse training I spent a lot of time working on the dermatology floor and a lot of times the only way they could identify a skin issue was when they did a skin biopsy. My bullous pemphigoid was diagnosed by skin biopsy. Good luck. Irish

DeadGirl75

• Dark Moon Series
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 09:30:31 PM »
I really appreciate the advice. I'm sorry you have bullous pemphigoid. It sounds hard to deal with.
~Shelly