Author Topic: Xiidra cost  (Read 2681 times)

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
Xiidra cost
« on: January 10, 2017, 01:28:31 PM »

hello to all

I have been using the Xiidra drops for 2 weeks now and I believe it to be helping
with dryness. My eyes feel wet, look better too...way less redness to eyes and lids.

Just heard from Xiidra that per my insurance (anthem) that my cost for a 30 day supply
is $40.00. I think that is way too much///over a dollar a day for 4 little drops !!

Right now I am paying out co-pays for the following Rx's

Cymbalta , Plaquenil . Synthroid , Finacea ,Prevident    I use Express scripts....3 months supply.
( I also have scripts that I fill when needed...steroid eye drops and prednisone 10mg tabs)
I also buy over the counter supplements--multi vitamin,cranberry,flaxseed,biotin,vit D3.

I just hate to add a $40.00 co-pay more to my list of co-pays. I am on disability but my husband has a
good job and I could pay it but it just seems extreme to me.

I used Restasis few years ago but it never helped me after 4 months, and I got 3 months
free  and refrig the open vials to make it last longer....so I never had to buy that.

I have 2 more weeks of the free Xiidra left....will have to decide what to do.

shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***

SunshineDaydream

Re: Xiidra cost
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »
Yup, Sjogren's can be costly with all the doctors visits, prescriptions, and over-the-counter items. The eye prescriptions are super expensive. A small amount of drops for a lot of money.

Are you eligible for the Xildra co-pay assistance card / program?  https://www.xiidra.com/
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Pete0211

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 07:03:14 PM »
I have an Anthem plan through work, and Xiidra is not covered. From my perspective, a $40 co-pay would be great. I currently pay $40/month for a darn generic (cevimeline), after shelling out a $264 payment last month and this month (plan changed last month, and had to pay a deductible for 2016, then the 2017 deductible this month).
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium,Vit. D3, Restasis

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
Pete, maybe https://www.goodrx.com can help reduce your prescription costs.
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Pete0211

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 03:48:43 AM »
Thanks. I've checked this before - even at $40 for cevimeline it's the best deal going. Goodrx has it for about $70.

The change in plan just sucks because prior, I was paying $15 for the same drug.

Like I said, it's all relative.
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium,Vit. D3, Restasis

Wal

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:12 PM »
Goodrich said the coupon was for $400. Is this how much I pay?!!! That's not $70!

gurs

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 04:21:11 AM »
Most insurances don't even cover this. I was told mine would be 400.00 a month? $40.00 would be great. I guess I would wait until you run out, see how your eyes are feeling, then go from there. If its worth the extra cost. Sjogrens is soooooo expensive..no one understands this. The dryness is just crazy to deal with.

good luck

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 05:11:41 AM »
In the United States of America, we need Universal Single Payer healthcare to control unlimited spiraling costs that bankrupt us if we have a health issue.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »

After speaking with a Xiidra representative yesterday, there are no additional
coupons and savings for me d/t my husbands salary. As I said earlier it was going to cost $40.00
a month for just this RX...then all my other co-pays NOT to mention all my husbands
RX co-pays for his meds. Probably enough spent on co pays a month to make a really
nice car payment.

Interestingly....Xiidra said it was covered by Anthem and the cost was $40.00.
Per Express Scripts they are still deciding wether to cover any of it b/c
my eye dr hasn't forwarded any info on my condition. My eye drs. office said
yes they did..they faxed it all to number express scripts gave them.

Round and round we go.......wheeeeeeeeeee

shelly
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***