Author Topic: Hands hurting  (Read 793 times)

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
Hands hurting
« on: January 09, 2017, 07:46:49 PM »
My right hand is hurting so bad and goes numb on me.  Rhuemy said it is arthritis, yippe!!

I was on internet looking to see what can help this and I came along arthritis gloves, so I went to Amazon and I bought myself a pair.  I got them today and for the last 7 hours my hand is not numb and the pain is a little less.  So I am hoping that the longer I wear this the better my hand will feel.   The gloves come about 3/4 of the way down the fingers so your tips are not covered.

I am hoping to get relief so I can do some coloring and crocheting again.  I am also hoping this might be of some use to any of you to get some relief.  They cost $20 but will be so worth it.

I will update at the end of the week.  If anyone has and suggestions on anything else I could use or do I would be thankful.
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

Bigleyj

Re: Hands hurting
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I will look into this as my hands are getting worse.

Cheers
Jo 😀
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

Lotus1

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:41:30 PM »
I've heard lately Vital3 helps arthritis.
I checked it out on the web, have the info saved in case I need it.

Lotus1

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
I use the Copper versions. I have two pairs and my wife has two pairs. My hands will be in so much pain they will lock in a spread finger position. I have to warm them so I can move them to another position. As soon as I can, I slip the gloves on inside out so the seems do not case more pain.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, Goldenseal, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 08:09:40 PM »
Thanks Joe, I will look into these are they sold on Amazon?
I used to crochet a lot, and have not done so for many years.  Well I have decided to try and do this again in hopes it will help my hands.  Today has only been the second day so we will see.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:12:25 PM by Cricket »
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
You can often buy these kind of gloves in Walmart and other stores. They are made for texting in cold weather. My sister knits these gloves and sells them at times. I mention this as you can probably find them cheaper than 20 dollars. You can find different kinds of yarn used if you shop around. Good luck. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »
I think I need to start looking for some of these gloves. My left hand is aching badly tonight from my thumb joint up my arm.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, diabetes, asthma, Polycystic ovaries, and Gerd. Meds - Pilocarpine, Synthroid, Effexor, Cpap, aspirin, Prilosec, Neurontin, Xanax, eye Drops, vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Proventil- Retired Teacher/Disabled

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »
I just bought the supportive type glove that fits down almost to the end of the thumb. They cost 15$ apiece and I had to buy one for each hand as I have bad arthritis in my thumbs. Boy, we don't know how much we use our thumbs until they get swollen and sore!!! Irish

SjoGirl

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »
I wear crafter's glove which can be purchased at JoAnn Fabrics or on Amazon. I've given them to my mother-in-law, she loves them.
Raynauds, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Reclast (once), Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Gabapentin,Valacyclovir, Evoxac, Nexium, acetaminophen, Tramadol.