Author Topic: Let's compare holiday weather reports!  (Read 1846 times)

meow

Re: Let's compare holiday weather reports!
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2016, 08:09:21 AM »
Sunny and 70* here in El Paso, Texas!
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

quietdynamics

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 01:24:06 PM »

Whoosh... snow yesterday.
Today we reached 60 degrees and now 48.

Winter is here.
I have my red plush electric throw blanket out, which usually means a cat cuddle fest...LOL
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

lane

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 02:29:52 PM »
It was minus 27 degrees when I woke up.  It's a balmy minus 4 degrees at 4:30 p.m.  Gotta love Minnesota!
F 68 HBP,T2diabetes,Prim SJS dx 1996/pilocarpine- 2015-dermatomyositis+ anti-synthetase syndrome. Methotrexate, cellcept, plaquenil,.Lovastatin,atenolol,HTZ,losartin,potassium,Vit D,fish oil,primrose oil,cranberry,cinnamon,alpha lipoic  acid, magnesium,vit.B complex, centrum,coQ10

Judie P

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 06:25:21 PM »
Hi there from the East Bay area of California!  We have already had a good amount of rain here but now the sun is out.  The difference for us is that we have been very cold during the day (for us) at 50 degrees when the sun is out and dipping around 35 to 29 degrees at night.  That is very cold for us at night.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Deb 27

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2016, 10:10:08 AM »
I'm in north Florida and it will be 80 today and tomorrow. Not exactly Christmas weather but beautiful weather, so I am not going to complain.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, alpha lipoic acid, multi vitamin.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 05:11:25 PM »
Well, It is Christmas Day evening and the weather had been pretty wet. It has rained off and on much of the day and the wind is blowing from 20-40 mph and maybe a little more at times. I was out in the country for Christmas tonight and I finally told them I was old and needed to get home.lol We have not had ice on roads today but the night isn't over yet.

Since I have gotten older and my hubby passed away I feel like I need to get home fairly early cause I don't feel as comfortable driving. Turned out I picked a good time to leave as the wind and rain had died down. We don't need more moisture cause we had flooding in lots of the southern half of the state this fall. We need the ground frozen and snow.

Such weather all over the country these past couple of years. Hope all had a good Christmas and are safe and sound. Happy New year. Irish

aussie mum

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2016, 11:48:56 PM »
The weather couldn't be more different in my part of the world.
It's been Hot, Hot, Hot here in Sydney over the Christmas period,  temperatures in the mid 30's celcius.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 04:30:54 AM »
If you'd like to know the weather here over Christmas, you'd have to be more specific LOL. Since the 24th we've had temperatures as low as -22C (-8F) and as high as +12C (54F), 10 cm(4 in) of powdery snow, washed away by torrential rains with mild flooding in low lying areas, 5 cm (25 in) heavy wet snow followed by high winds with gusts up to 110 kph (68 mph) causing some power outages and property damage, fog, and beautiful bright sunshine! Right now, 0830 Dec 27, it's +6 C (43 F) and pouring rain over 12 Cm (5 in) of fresh wet snow, over packed snow and ice but the winds are calm!

Around here we say, if you don't like the weather wait 15 minutes!

I've often thought the reason I don't really notice much physical response to weather patterns is because my body hasn't the time to change before the next weather shift!
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 04:06:54 PM »
Boy, LInda, that was really a weather report for just a few days. All the moisture in one form or another. The wind has been bad in the lower 48 also so don't know if this is a harbinger of things to come for this winter. Wind finally went down today but it is very humid out with low hanging clouds. Time will tell what the world will see for the days to come. Thanks. Irish