Author Topic: CrossFit  (Read 912 times)

Cndlgrl

CrossFit
« on: October 30, 2016, 09:04:36 PM »
I'm curious if there is anyone here that does CrossFit on a regular basis or a similar level of exercise on a regular basis? Just wondering what your experience is with it? I haven't been able to really find any information on people with Sjogren's doing CrossFit. Thanks!

Pete0211

Re: CrossFit
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 04:42:41 AM »
What I'm learning about this disease is that everyone is affected differently. If you can sustain that level of exercise without extra pain, then why not?
Male 49 y/o; Undergoing Primary SJS diagnosis process; Cevimeline, Ubiquinol, Restasis

Tharrell

• There has to be humor in this somewhere!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 11:02:31 AM »
I don't even know what cross fit is. I wouldn't spend to much time trying to figure out what you as a sjogren's patient can do for excersise. It really depends on your physical fitness and limitations. If you suffer from erosive joint destruction then you would stay away from high impact excersise. I was a third degree black belt martial arts instructor until my recent hip replacement sideswiped me. And that was with a fused lower back. Waiting for my hip problems to go away so I can go back to teaching martial arts with modifications. So do what feels good, start slow if it's a new excersise program and listen to your body.
MCTD, sjogren's,dRTA,CVID, sero neg. ra,achalasia,Morvan’s syndrome,familial dysautonomia,POTS, MCI, IC. Occular neuromyotonia migraines,raynauds,B6,Florinef, propanolol,sodium bicarb, plaquenil,requip,B2,topiramate, synthroid,diazepam,trulance,enbrel,cevimeline,
arava,omeprazole, mexiletin

vniskasa

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »
I don't do crossfit but I strength train seriously. I currently have 3 upper body and 2 lower body sessions a week. Heavy benching, squatting, deadlifting etc. I've been lifting for over 6 years. When the joint pain started about 1.5 years ago I had to stop most of it for months as my knees and elbows got pretty bad. Training was through pain and it just got worse in the following days. After starting hydroxychloroquine last Christmas I've been able to get back to training almost normally. I had to start slowly and I've been rebuilding myself this whole year. I still have joint pain but for example the elbow pain usually eases after first few reps or sets. If it doesn't I pretty much just ignore it.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:44:23 PM by vniskasa »