Author Topic: Vitamins  (Read 378 times)

Deb 27

Vitamins
« on: October 12, 2016, 06:34:46 PM »
So, I picked up some vitamins for hair, skin and nails and started taking them. Darn if I didn't see a bunch of new hair sprouts growing in for the first time in years! I've noticed that my hair was thinning out. I mainly got these vitamins b/c they had some minerals in them that I thought I could use.  It's nice when I have something good to report. They make me kind of hungry though. I've taken other vitamins and they didn't do this.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  prozac, Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Vitamins
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »
I guess I need some special kind of vitamins, because for the first time all my finger nails are breaking off down to the wick. I have noticed that much of the nail polish nail is this new gel kind. I do my own, but will be looking for the old regular nail enamel just in case that has anything to do with it.

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, diabetes, asthma, Polycystic ovaries, and Gerd. Meds - Pilocarpine, Synthroid, Effexor, Cpap, aspirin, Prilosec, Neurontin, Xanax, eye Drops, vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Proventil- Retired Teacher/Disabled

meow

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 08:12:32 AM »
Biotin and collagen help a lot. Vit D helps everything!

Lose the gel polish. It tears up your nails something fierce, especially if they are thin to begin with.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Judie P

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 06:51:47 PM »
Happy Holidays, Deb!  And Happy New Hair!  LOL  Hugs!
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops