Author Topic: Saliwell device to increase saliva  (Read 5622 times)

keelton

Saliwell device to increase saliva
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
I searched the posts to see if there has been any talk about this device and I haven't seen any as to rescently. I don't think it is available in the US but wondering how many of you in other countries have tried this any of these devices and do they work.?    One is a stent placed in the mouth and another is a pen that delivers shock to the nerve to stimulate saliva.   It looks promising and only has to be worn for a few minutes a day.  Would really love to hear from anyone that has tried it or participated in any trials.   

Sharon

Re: Saliwell device to increase saliva
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:38:00 PM »
I read up on it a bit some time ago and it looked interesting.
Luckily Ubiquinol 100mg did the trick for me so I didn't investigate further.
Might be an option for those who have found relief with anything else.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

keelton

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 02:39:37 PM »
Hi Sharon.  I actually private messages you about this just a few hours ago.  The company is in Israel so I figured maybe you knew more than we do .  I don't think we can get it here in the US yet. 

Sharon

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 04:12:14 PM »
If you send me the company's contact details I'll be happy to look into it for you.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

Bigleyj

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi it's Jo here who has the saliwell stent. Apparently I'm the 4th person in Austrlia to trial it. It works! I hope you are able to get it in the U.S. Fingers crossed for you.

Jo 😀
Female, 44 Yrs, Victoria, Australia. 
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.
Came off low dose Valium mid-2015 😀

keelton

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 05:58:48 PM »
i checked with this company to see when it will be available in the US.  it is awaiting FDA approval but company says it should be available in the next few months.   it looks like it will be a very useful treatment for dry mouth without having to take medications! check it out  http://saliwell.com/

Sharon

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 06:25:13 PM »
Wow, this looks really interesting!  :D
Looks like they also have an additional product along the same lines as well.
I wonder for how long it generates saliva after each use?
I didn't see the price mentioned on the site. Any idea of the cost?

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:55 PM »
Thanks for sharing this information.  Can't wait til we can get this in the US.  I'd certainly try it.

I have been getting good relief from using Ubiquinol 100mg twice per day.  I still get dry mouth but it is much better than It used to be. 

Kathy
Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer

keelton

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 08:07:48 PM »
the saliwell pen is 250 US dollars,  you can order it directly from them if you are not in the US!

Bigleyj

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 01:13:07 AM »
I'm so glad you should able to access the device soon. There are different ones. The one i have has a mouth guard thing and a remote. I've been trying to upload a picture for you but can't work out how to do it.

Anyway I used it as required for about 3 minutes at a time and as required was every couple of hours at first. Then after that I used it for 1 munute as required, I used it about 3 times a day if I  recall right and before I knew it i hadn't needed to use it at all.

If someone can tell me how to attach or upload a picture I'll put up pictures of mine. I think it is a Mark 2.

Cheers,
Jo.
Diagnosed SJS Nov 2014, diagnosed skin-only Lupus Dec 2014, overactive thyroid medicated since 2011.
 plaquenil, carbimazole, escitalopram (esipram), second generation oral saliwell stent, vitamin D.

Sharon

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 06:44:35 AM »
Great news all around!
Kathy- Glad to hear the Ubiquinol is working for you. It's completely improved my quality of life as far as the saliva issue. I'm on 100mg nightly.

Jo- Is this what you mean?
saliwell.com/gennarino-professional-custom-made-dry-mouth-relief/

Keelton- Good job on finding this! Hope it gets FDA approved soon!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:07:47 PM by Linda196 »

keelton

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 09:33:22 AM »
hi sharon,  yes that is what Jo used,  its the mouth insert that has to be moulded to your mouth.  but there is the salipen also now i do believe it is standard for everyone ,  you are in Israel so you should be able to get both of them already i think.  I think you just wear it for a few minutes a few times a day,  Jo mentioned that it worked very well and she hasnt needed it at all for the last 6 months, so it sounds like the effects last a while with regular use in the begining.   

Maria3667

• Trying to cultivate a 'dry' sense of humor...
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 10:17:55 AM »
Very interesting! Thank you for posting this Keelton.

@Jo: any side effects?
51. DES-daughter, GAD, Lyme's ('98), Sjogren's ('03), hypothyroid ('04), osteoarthritis ('16), Blepharitis ('18) Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose progesterone & testosterone, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Maria3667

• Trying to cultivate a 'dry' sense of humor...
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:42:26 AM »
Eventhough I'm very interested in this device, it also puzzles me... It supposedly works by stimulating salivary nerves with tiny electrical pulses... Making me wonder: is our nerve system impaired? Have scientists been barking up the wrong tree all this time?

Don't get me wrong: I welcome anything which improves our symptoms, but it just seems odd that no physician has ever mentioned this option before...
51. DES-daughter, GAD, Lyme's ('98), Sjogren's ('03), hypothyroid ('04), osteoarthritis ('16), Blepharitis ('18) Pilocarpine, natural thyroid hormones, 25mg quetiapine, low dose progesterone & testosterone, supplements. Endometriosis, cherry angiomas. Allergies: nickle, methylisothiazolinone, latex

Bigleyj

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2016, 01:32:01 PM »
The link that Sharon put up is the one I have.

There are no side effects.

Jo ☺