Author Topic: Saliwell device to increase saliva  (Read 6449 times)

janny

Re: Saliwell device to increase saliva
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:04 PM »
Sharon, no, I tried, the guy told me to go to Europe to get it!! LOL

Sharon

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 07:26:56 AM »
Strange...on their site they have an option button for Canada and U.S. orders.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

janny

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2019, 06:02:53 PM »
I know this threat is 2-3 years old, but I wanted you all to know that I live in the US and had written to Dr. Andy Wolff, who came up with this Salipen device, and expressed interest. I just got an email from him yesterday telling me it has been approved by the FDA in the US ad is now available for purchase. It can be purchased on saliwell.com/about-saliwell/. I am going to purchase one and will let you all know how it works.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 05:33:48 AM by Linda196 »

markt

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2019, 06:35:11 AM »
I heard the same, please read below...

On another note, has anyone had a DMD or Neurologist express an opinion on this device, and/or lingual nerve stimulation?

I know Allergan came out with TruTear, which uses electrical pulses to stimulate nueral responses and subsequent tear production... 

V/r,

Mark

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2019 5:56 PM
To: Mark CIV USN FLTREADCEN SE JAX FL (USA) <@navy.mil>
Cc: 'Ben Z. Beiski' <bbeiski@saliwell.com>
Subject: [Non-DoD Source] RE: U.S.A. SaliPen purchase

Dear Mark,

Many thanks for your interest in our device.

In the US, FDA has authorized the SaliPen device as a prescription device. That means that we can sell the device to patients that send us a valid prescription issued by a dental practitioner or by a physician. (In other parts of the world, e.g. in Europe, SaliPen is an over-the-counter device, meaning that it can be sold without prescription.)

Thus, in order to proceed with your purchase, please do as follows:

1-    Get a valid prescription from a dental practitioner or a physician.  Dental practitioners are either dentists or hygienists or dental therapists. However, in many states, only dentists are allowed to provide prescriptions. The prescribed device should be identified as "SaliPen". The use should be "up to 5 times a day, each time up to 5 minutes".

2-    If needed, inform your dental practitioner or physician that may not be familiar with SaliPen, as this is a novel product. For this purpose, we are attaching to this e-mail materials that may be helpful for them (and also for you) to make an assessment:

a.    A brochure (one pager)

b.    The clinician manual

c.    The user manual

We recommend to pay special attention  to page 2 of both manuals, where the contraindications and the precautions are detailed.

3-    Send us the valid prescription. You can use any of the following ways:

a.    As a scanned document or a file attached to an e-mail

b.    By fax to our fax at +972-77-353-4338

c.       Photographed and attached to a text or a WhatsApp  message to the telephones: +972-50-725-6338 or +972-50-880-1852

If you use the fax or the cellphone, kindly inform us by mail after having sent the prescription.

4-      Order a device at the web page: https://www.saliwell.com/tranzila-page/

Your dental practitioner or physician or yourself are mostly welcome to approach us and request more information or scientific literature..

Best regards,

Saliwell managers (Dr. Andy Wolff and Ben Z. Beiski)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2019, 07:11:55 AM »
Wow, I, of course, had to do some research.   I found this from an Israeli dentist/research guy.

https://www.dentaltown.com/magazine/article/7456/electrostimulation-and-xerostomia

This is the conclusion:

Intraoral electrostimulation of the lingual nerve produces an overall incentive of the nerves controlling salivary function by both afferent and efferent fiber stimulation. This type of nerve activation can potentially provoke regeneration of damaged salivary gland tissue, like in postradiation and Sjögren’s syndrome patients. In fact, clinical studies have shown that in patients without any salivary output lingual nerve stimulation led to regaining their ability to spit saliva.8,1

I can't wait to hear from someone on our forum about how it is working for them.

It does seem complicated to get one. 

I guess it has to be 'charged' some how? 

I wonder how it 'feels'.

So many questions, as you can tell.

To be continued.

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »
This is very interesting. I don't know if any of yoyo have noticed but when you research the cause and symptoms of Sjogrens the articles will often state that the neurological issues are often the first to show up. This will be interesting to track over the years as it could well be both inflammatory of glands and nerves or a double whammy that causes the problems with the production of saliva.....we'll see what shows up with the eyes and the "tears". Irish

Just out of curiosity, how many people with Sjogrens have a history of head injuries (central nervous system (neurological) prior to developing the disease. Just a thought.