Author Topic: How I Recovered from Sjogren's - The Link to Blog  (Read 17787 times)

chrisr

Re: How I Recovered from Sjogren's - The Link to Blog
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:48 PM »
Sharon,

The amino acids and vit C are part of the Linus Pauling protocol.  You can google it to see the theory behind.  Basically you are providing the building blocks to repair damaged tissue in your body.

Lindabridge

I take the cocktail once per day.

Sharon

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »
Thanks Chris, so basically the idea is to put a stop to the AI attack by healing your gut
and then to repair the damage already done from the illness with the collagen cocktail?
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

chrisr

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 03:06:22 PM »
Yes,

I think the collagen accelerates the healing of the gut, as well as the joints and other damaged tissues.

bluegardenia

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 03:25:09 PM »
chris, sorry for disturbing with more questions.
my problem are the amino acids bec with gastritis i really cannot tolerate them. so i should heal first my gastritis and then take them?
thanks
60,primary sjs, diverticulosis,ibs,atrioventricular blocks 2 degree first type, acid reflux.
omeoprazole, vit c, flack seed, omega 3, b complex, nac,systane ultra, pineapple seeds

Sharon

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 03:47:53 PM »
Thanks Chris, can you explain why the cocktail ingredients need to be added to a green smoothie?
Wouldn't it suffice to take the 4 powder supplements in capsule form?
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

chrisr

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 04:41:07 PM »
Not sure, Hannahs book recommended mixing it with juiced apples.  I changed it up.   Capsules would be much more expensive.

Sharon

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 05:27:14 PM »
I only come across the capsules...where can you find them in powder form?

singeanna

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
Sharon, Amazon has free form amino acids in powder form. A brand called "Bulk Supplements" sells
them but I am sure there are many others.

chrisr

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2016, 07:05:28 PM »
iHerb, Swansons, VitaminShoppe to name a few.

Sharon

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 03:28:35 AM »
Thanks guys, I now see that all I needed to do was to add the word "powder" to my searches....
Any recommended brands Chris?

WhatYouSjo

• What You Sjo
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 07:15:49 AM »
I ended up mostly ordering the Bulk Supplements brand. Seemed like the best price, and had good reviews. I've had good luck with NOW brand supplements in the past, but they were a little pricier.
Seronegative male diagnosed 2014. Using generic Plaquenil, Restasis, Xiidra, low-carb diet, moderate exercise, select supplements, helminthic therapy, & LDN. My treatment regimen

My website has posts on research and news.

chrisr

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 07:28:57 AM »
I will post a photo of the supplements I use on my blog soon.  It doesn't matter which brand you use as long as it is a reputable source.  Also don't forget the magnesium, calcium and zinc.  They are important to keep your food intake alkaline.

Sharon

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »
Thanks guys,
I'm already taking magnesium citrate and zinc supplements.
My calcium blood levels are already quite high.

RichmondGuy78

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 12:26:05 PM »
Chris, thanks so much for posting your update and blog. I'm happy you feel so well recovered. Your story is very inspirational and just what I need to hear right now.

You might remember corresponding with me about a year ago? Since the time we spoke, I have followed the Paleo diet (with some success), but I have not achieved remission. I am just starting the GAPS diet and hope all that bone broth will heal my gut. Depending on how I progress, I may add in the collagen cocktail and the other supplements you mention (Zinc, Calcium, Magnesium). Do you think bone broth could be as healing as the collagen cocktail (or even more so)? By the way, do you still do bone broth?

Anyway, congratulations on successfully recovering your health.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 12:27:47 PM by RichmondGuy78 »

chrisr

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »
Bone broth didn't do the job for me, neither did the GAPs diet.  I should have added the GAPs diet to my healing journey blog.  Left that one out.  I think the collagen cocktail is probably what helped me the most or the anti-candida diet.