Author Topic: What a Day I Had Today!  (Read 1709 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
What a Day I Had Today!
« on: December 14, 2015, 04:07:39 PM »
Hello All,

I did not know how much I had went down in my health until today. I haven't been to a Walmart in a while now. Me and my husband went to look for something my son mentioned for Christmas.

We both looked for those electric chairs. Most just didn't work anymore, and the others were left not charged. My husband found me one with a bit of charge.

Off I go, and right after he left me to go check on something my chair stopped running. I picked up my stuff and walked a bit feeling every muscle in my body aching. My legs felt like they were going to go limp out from under me.

I left to go find me a regular cart so I could put my purse and coat in it, paid for a pair of pants, and ask the checkout person if he would page my husband. I sat on a bench up front until my husband came. I told him how I felt, and that I couldn't do anything else. He was going to pay for some items he had, and then us leave.

I felt not only so sick, and out of breath, weak, and just plain caring about nothing, but to get home.

I also felt so demoralized at feeling this helpless at 62. This is the first time that I took notice of how far down I have gone.

My hubby had picked me up some very healthy veggies to eat, and some good fruit.
I had got some vitamin C that my pharmacist picked out for me.

I just don't know where to go from here.

Hugs,
Susan

Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: What a Day I Had Today!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:48:50 PM »
As I am 62 with similar experiences, please have your heart checked. Maybe doc can Rx rehab to help. I have my cane for most trips. If shopping in a regular store I use a cart as a walker. If it is a mega store I bring my walker in so I can sit and rest. The electric carts are fun but tend to drain fast.

Your symptoms are similar to mine with CAD. An angiogram was the only test that showed damage. 3 stents first, one stent next time. PAD affects my legs like walking in wet concrete. 5600 units of omega-3 per day brought cholesterol down.

Good luck.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

susanep

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:25:22 PM »
Thank you Joe. I guess it's all catching up with me. I get scared thinking about having that angiogram. I have never had one.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Judie P

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »
Susan, I am 64 and feel that way.  I have had everything checked and it all comes down to Sjogrens.  I think it really sets in when we have those days that we are just not the same anymore.  Sounds like you might have the neuro end of things?  Checking the heart is not such a bad thing, either.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

angeldancer

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles.  I get it.  I really do get it.  I feel so old at 51.  Just this past hour I had to just lay on the floor until I got my bearings to get back up.  I think I may need an angiogram.  I am taking ditalizem but my doctor feels that's all is needed.  I can't last for any period of time and don't let me get stressed out (whew) Im in trouble.

All I can say is rest, take it easy and see if you need an angiogram.  Maybe its just a constant flare but I believe all things should be looked at and evaluated.  When I see my cardiologist again in January or February I don't remember at this time I will ask her and tell her my symptoms just the way you explained it.

Thank you for sharing because it helps us all in different ways.

Peace and blessings,
Angeldancer
eagles flight//

Sjogrens, Arthritis, colonrectal cancer survivor, Diverticulosis, fibromyalgia, chronic sinus, chronic pain, kidney stones,  chronic allergies, digestive tract issues, norco, plaquenil, ativan, ambien, lyrica, claritan, neuron tin, celexa,predinisome,

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
When I had my angio's, they had a 60 inch high def TV for me to watch. I found it facinating both times. The second time I developed a hematoma in my leg. If they offer you pain meds, take them.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

susanep

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 08:43:44 PM »
I am glad the info I gave helped others.

Joe can they put me to sleep to have it done?

susanep

DarleneB

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:28:14 PM »
I was an ICU nurse and I also ...had three angiograms.  They can give you IV sedatives that will make you sleepy
Sjogrens, coronary artery spasms,arthritis, degenerative disc with spinal surgery,hashimoto, high cholesterol,low vit d ,insomnia

evoxac,restasis,tear duct plugs,asa,cardizem,toprol,fish oil,levothyroxine,,calcium with vit d,  irbesartan,restoril,est/prog/dhea/testos crea

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 08:58:56 AM »
I had my one and only one less than 20 years ago (early 50s then) after a TIA.  I did get up too soon and bled into my inner thigh.  I was warned!!  Didn't hurt..but had gone to a radiologist to do it for me with whom I had known all my life!  I trusted him implicitly.  We talked all thru the procedure---just saying I had plenty of distraction!  Not bad before, during, or after!
   Stay calm as you can.  If you can't, request meds!
c3
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

SjoGirl

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »
So sorry to hear this. I am younger and have had days like this and find it frightening and frustrating.

Joe, thanks for the thoughts about the angiogram, I'm wondering if I should discuss with my PCP given my recent ER visits. I'll wait until after I try my Medrol pack.

Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.