Author Topic: Ubiquinol increases saliva  (Read 32560 times)

Sooki

Re: Ubiquinol increases saliva
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2017, 09:21:10 AM »
I tried CoQ10 for awhile and it seemed like it may have been helping.  Then I bought the good Ubiquinol from Costco and it clearly made a difference in saliva.  The saliva ducts on the sides of my cheeks (parotid?) work again for the first time in years.  It may not be simple coincidence that I had a perfect dental exam recently as well.  I'm always trying stuff and always changing, so it's not proof, but I'm happy enough with it to keep on (ubiquinol isn't cheap).

Irish - I have read some reviews on Amazon of coQ10 that didn't smell good when they opened the bottle.  I think the consensus of reviewers was that it should be returned and not taken.
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »
I had talked to my immunologist about taking this. He said CoQ10 is something that is made by the body and adding some can help some people with the different issues mentioned. I have not started it because I have so many health issues going on that need to be diagnosed and taken care of. I hate to start a new med and maybe screw things up. Also, I bought the tabs and they are so big that I will have trouble swallowing them and have to figure that out. Irish

Sharon

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
Sooki- So good to hear the Ubiquinol is helping you!
Just goes to show you how important trying a good brand is.

Irish- The softgels of Ubiquinol I take are tiny, they're currently from Healthy Origins.
Again, it looks like all brands are a bit different.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Nymph

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2017, 03:21:05 AM »
I just want to reiterate that I have not noticed more saliva with this supplement but it makes a difference in my energy level that even my parents could see. Now that I am teaching it is a necessity! Although I have to say on a teacher's salary when all you meds run out at once... 
$ :o $
38 y.o. teacher; anti-CCP+, RF+, otherwise seronegative; POTS; Plaquenil, Allegra, Depakote, Neurolink, C, probiotic, multi-V, magnesium, quercetin, NAC, DHEA, fish oil, D3, turmeric, ubiquinol; <3 my neti pot

selavy59

« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2017, 11:17:33 AM »
Did nothing for me. :-(