Author Topic: Constant urge to urinate anyone?  (Read 8198 times)

Sharon

Re: Constant urge to urinate anyone?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 01:23:52 PM »
C3- After reading your comment on drinking copious amounts of water,
just thought I'd mention a (treatable) condition called "Diabetes Insipidus"
which may cause excessive thirst and peeing. Probably nothing to do with your condition
just reminded me of it.
Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 
Orencia, Restasis, Paleo Diet, Vit. D & C, Ubiquinol 200mg, Omega 3...

Judie P

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 01:38:39 PM »
Just found out my anti-depressant can cause excess urination and urgency.
Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

gurs

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2016, 01:02:14 PM »
I have this, but mostly due to my lack of estrogen from menopause. The Sjogrens dryness also causes this. Its a nightmare.
Wish I had some answers. I found this natural lubricant that I use all day long after I urinate..seems to help somewhat. I carry it with me in my purse too.

I know vaginal estrogen works good for a lot of women too by strengthening the tissues.

gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Shadowlake

• Someday Sjogren's . . .
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2016, 11:49:47 AM »
I have stage 3 kidney disease after years of living with Sjogren's.
If you ask me what I came into this life to do I will tell you I came to live out loud - Emile Zola (1840-1902)

Nomad

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »
Ironically, I've had an over active bladder badly for about four days. It is better this afternoon.
Of note, I skipped my Vagifem estrogen suppository the other day. Realizing this, several hours ago I used half of one and will use the other half later or tomorrow morning.
Also, I took some D Mannose and drank a lot of water.
Between the two things (estorgen suppository and the d mannose)  I'm noticeably better.
The last few days and nights I've been having to pee all day and night. All of sudden...it's been like four hours or so and I'm fine. I think crisis averted.
SLE, Sj.  Syndrome, IC, Atypical Trigeminal Neuralgia, ITP (low platelets)... Various meds and lots of vitamins. Trying to eat healthy; seems to help a little.

jazzlover

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
Did you ever figure out why you have incomplete evacuation SjoDry?
Is it related to the interstitial cystitis?
_
I think it is. I have the same problem.

I've had IC for 24 yrs and I never really had the pelvic floor pain until recently. It feels like someone kicked me in the groin. I took Claritin for a few days and the pain is better.

I think it helped because I have Mast Cell Activation Syndrome and I think my bladder got inflamed from it .. that and the histamines I am overloaded with.
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2016, 06:21:10 AM »
My problems in this area are still ongoing on an intermittent basis.

This article about one woman's experience, plus the embedded video by ICN president and founder, contained some useful information and referrals to books that might be informative.

http://hubpages.com/health/UTI-Symptoms-but-no-Bacteria-My-Experience
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Sharon

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »
Just wanted to update what worked for me for frequency and urgency.

I decided to try to treat myself after becoming frustrated with the Urologist.
He discovered I was indeed urinating 5X more volume than a normal human being,
but chalked it up to me "drinking too much"
and told me the solution was to "stop drinking so much".  ::)  ::) ::)
He refused to give me any treatment.

My solution:
I remembered that progesterone increases water retention and decided to give it a try.
Though my progesterone levels are normal, I do have estrogen dominance, so raising
my levels a bit can't hurt. I began taking a very minute amount (1/6 of a tablet) every evening
and within a few days my urination symptoms were much improved,
dare I say "back to normal" with a week!
Interestingly, my levels of thirst have also normalized with this,
perhaps because not everything I drink escapes my body so quickly.  :)

Sjogren's (+ RA?) positive ANA, RNP, RNP-A, APCA salivary gland swelling, dry mouth & eyes,, eyelid swelling & redness, photosensitivity, fatigue, severe joint pain, multiple sensitivities and allergic reactions 

Deb 27

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 03:17:51 PM »
I've had problems with UTi's off and on for my whole life.   There are times I've had a long remission. It got better when I went back on estrogen. I don't know what your age is, but for me, lack of estrogen caused constant burning and irritation in that area.   I also drink a lot of water now.  I think the inflammation we have in our mucous membranes can also affect our bladders, like others have said. Some people here take D mannose to prevent UTI's. A change in diet can help to a bland diet, no caffeine or carbonated drinks, also a low oxalate diet may help some. I know it's a miserable feeling. I even had to take pain pills one time for a UTI it go so bad. I hope you get some relief.
Sjogrens and RA,  Morphea (skin scleroderma), Hashimoto's, 
Nexium, synthroid, HRT, plaquenil,  Restasis, Maxi-tears supplement, L-glutathionne, CoQ10, folate, trintillex,  multi vitamin. lisinopril.

jazzlover

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Good job, Sharon!
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS), Salicylate Sensitivity,  Interstitial Cystitis,  gluten intolerance, Raynaud's, Sjogren's, A-fib; cytomegalovirus, recovered from Lyme disease

Judie P

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2016, 01:55:29 PM »
So, Sharon you might think that it is because you are estrogen dominant and your progesterone went a little low?  I hope that is a help for me.  I am estrogen dominant and have had an IUD for six years in order to prevent more uterus polyps or cancer.  After five years, the progesterone in it decreases quite a bit.  My estrogen is still really high.  I don't have any progesterone pills to take, so I would have to see my GYN about it.  Also, as I said, my anti depressant can cause excess urination and urgency.  My urine test was unclear, as there was too much contamination.

Primary SJS, SS-A >8, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, asthma, Effexor, Vitamin D 1,000mg, magnesium, Motrin, Ayr Nasal Gel, Ayr nasal mist, Optique 1 eye drops

Sharon

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2016, 04:10:10 PM »
I really don't know if it has any relation at all to low progesterone levels
as my levels have been normal based on my last hormone tests.
I'm also unsure if has something to do with hormonal imbalance such as that cause by estrogen dominance, since when I just tried lowering my estrogen to balance things out I still had the urination symptoms.
All I can conclude is that raising progesterone a bit helped me with this symptom.
May just be because progesterone naturally has an anti-diuretic effect.
(An additional advantage is that raising progesterone has a calming effect in general)