Author Topic: One Or More Good Things About Today?  (Read 37542 times)

Carebear

Re: One Or More Good Things About Today?
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »
Simply beautiful weather the last few days.  I can hardly believe it is late October.  Each day without snow and cold at this point is an awesome day!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Carebear

« Reply #151 on: November 23, 2015, 06:35:21 PM »
It is freezing cold, and very windy and snowy outside.  I was stuck in traffic for 60 minutes in what should be a 30 minutes drive.  The dreaded first snowfall of the season has arrived.  So what!  I just put a batch of rice pudding in the oven, and wait expectantly for the yummy goodness while the house warms up.  Yum!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Katybarstool

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2015, 12:04:35 PM »
Carebear, did you enjoy the rice pudding? It's one of my favourites too! We haven't had much snow yet but we have had lots of rain and very high winds - allegedly gales, but I'm not sure they were that bad.

Anyhow, hubby and I are having our ruby wedding Christmas week and we wlll be leaving London mid December to Hawaii via Los Angeles - we are getting very exciting, and will have to crack on with the packing soon.

Hope you are well.

Kathyx

Carebear

« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2015, 05:58:46 PM »
Thank you for asking, Kathy!  I really did enjoy that rice pudding.  But this is the third batch this month, and I just can't seem to get it just right.  Of course that doesn't prevent us from gulping it down faster than the speed of light.

Have a fabulous trip and happy anniversary to you and your husband.  Hawaii in December!  Sounds heavenly...

Carebear

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2015, 08:27:23 PM »
Two good things about today:

1.  Our hometown Edmonton Eskimos won the Grey Cup today!  Sorry to the Ottawa fans.  For those of you who are not Canadian, this is our version of the Super Bowl.

2.  We went to the movies this afternoon to watch the final installment of The Hunger Games series - Mockingjay Part 2. The theatre was one of those new fancy ones, with more room leg room, super comfortable seating, and a bigger screen.  Ate some candy, slurped on pop, and enjoyed a few hours of "Living life in spite of Sjogren's".

quietdynamics

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2015, 08:13:08 AM »

~ Company is gone~
We are back into our zone ~~~
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Carebear

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »
I made another batch of rice pudding, this time using eggnog instead of milk.  So tasty!  Add a dollop of whipped cream on top and AMAZING. 

Tomorrow is my birthday so this will serve as my "cake".