Author Topic: One Or More Good Things About Today?  (Read 39577 times)

Carebear

Re: One Or More Good Things About Today?
« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2015, 08:25:43 PM »
I don't know if I should be telling you all this.  ;). But sometimes a gal has to get a boost from anywhere she can.

So here it is.  I just polished off a giant bowl of ice cream, swimming in warm homemade chocolate sauce.   ;D

Oh yes!   Smiling with chocolate in the corners of my mouth.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Carebear

« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2015, 09:31:16 PM »
He He!  I am still giggling to myself.   ;D.   During my walk with my little dog tonight we were chased down by a cat.  It was hilarious.  The cat was sitting on his front step when we walked by, and immediately he jumped down and ran after us.  Wow.  He was mad!  He followed us for about two blocks then sat on the sidewalk for another five minutes glaring until we were out of sight.

All the while I was laughing out loud...but kept an eye on that rascal.  Made my night!
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
Hi  :)

My daughter posted some really nice photos of her new baby and her brother on Facebook in an album called 2 under 2. (She has her hands full!) Thankfully the older one appears to be taking to his sister quite well as the photos were mostly of him giving her kisses. One at the end was titled "Dirty Baby" (but then he's run to get a nappy/diaper for her - so he's wanting to be helpful. He still thinks she should live in her basket most of the time.

I love that Facebook keeps me in touch!
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

CMNK12

« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »
A good thing about today....I bought a new necklace without ever leaving home! The joys of shopping online. Anyway, it is lovely and I have wanted it for a while! Ck

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2015, 09:12:03 PM »
All of you have had good things, and funny things to tell. I enjoyed them. Yesterday and today was a better day for me, because my stomach was getting better.  :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

meow

« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:47 PM »
Started back to school this week, and my students are AWESOME. There are 200 of them, but the potential is explosive. I only hope I can do justice to it.
I refuse to tiptoe quietly through life, only to arrive safely at death's door.

Sjogrens, Hashimotos, CFS.  Also, fast approaching CRS Syndrome ;)

Katybarstool

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »
Meow, you go back to school early - our kids are not due back until the first week in September.

I can't imagine having responsibility for 200 of them - you must be a saint!

Kathyx

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2015, 05:54:44 PM »
Sun---------rain-------------sun-------------rain-----------sun-------beautiful sunset!
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

Carebear

« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2015, 10:01:11 PM »
I did some work in the yard tonight,  which is an amazing thing for me considering how my body has felt for the last year.  I am in such pain and so exhausted right now, yet I have a big smile on my face.  It feels good to work in the garden!

Katybarstool

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »
My siser from 6 hours away is visiting at the moment. I see her about twice a year when she comes to stay with mum. Today we went to a local market town and had a good rummage in the market and charity shops. We got some bargains and probably walked for more than an hour. That is a huge achievement for me.

Kathyx

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2015, 11:58:46 AM »
My appointment at John's Hopkins has been rescheduled for two months sooner!
Sjogren's, lupus, OAB and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Myrbetriq
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic

Dawnmist

« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »
The latest increase in dosage of Lyrica has pulled my SFN symptoms under proper control...my feet/legs feel almost normal (just a bit tingly/prickly some of the time) for the first time in I don't know how long, my hands/arms barely hurt now - and my new "Protex" gloves give fantastic padding & protection from the pressure/touches that were aggravating pain. My sleep quality has improved hugely so that I'm waking up naturally and actually feeling rested/with energy, and the ache in my shoulder and lower back muscles that I've had pretty much since I was 15 has faded away to nothing.

Between the suppression of hormonal changes so I don't have that causing pain every month, the anti-inflammatories fixing the tendon pain and fatigue (now starting Plaquenil to replace those) - and maybe those muscle aches(?), and the Lyrica then fixing sleep and SFN pain, I have felt fantastic for the last week and a half - for probably the first time in my adult life (got Glandular Fever at 15, had problems ever since).

That makes this day - and the last several - *very* good days!
Diagnosed Sjogrens + Fibro March 2015, SFN Confirmed March 2016, LFN (sensory) Confirmed Dec 2016, ANA 1:640 Sep 2016, SSA+/SSB+, wheat intolerant (not gluten intolerant - rye/barley are ok), Vit D, Omega3 (fish), Gabapentin, Tramadol, Celebrex, Lidocaine patches, Plaquenil, Duloxetine, Primolut

quilt4fun

• "When life hands you scraps, make a quilt."
« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2015, 12:00:00 PM »
One week ago today my  son had back surgery (L5,S1), he has weaned himself off of pain killers and feeling good!  He may be an adult, but he's still my boy! And when he feels good, I feel good.
Age 64. PSS, Gerd, Kidney stones,  dry eyes, dry skin, borderline high cholesterol, osteoporosis. lung scar tissue,  Taking:  Plaquenil, Meloxicam, protonix, potassium citrate, fortical ,calcium+D,  Lovaza , genteel jel and theratears liquid  gel,    medrol and lacriserts

LovelyDay

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2015, 06:22:19 AM »
The good things about yesterday

1) Applied for 3 jobs! That's really hard for me.

2) Thank god for baby animal photo therapy. Watched video of raccoon and dog that was so cute it made me cry.

Feeling good about today too.

:-)
anti-SSA, anti-SSB, Primary Sjogren's Syndrome, Interstitial Cystitis

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain. ~~Joseph Campbell

Billylyne5

• Just keep swimming
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2015, 03:12:39 AM »
Well I am feeling sick as a dog which is bad but the silver lining is I can't go to work, which is great because it's sooooo stressful at the moment
Sjgrens, Small fibre neuropathy, PKD
pregabalin, omeprozole, Acupan,Hydroxychloroquine,

https://billylyne5.wordpress.com