Author Topic: Rotator cuff surgery  (Read 4578 times)

jpd54

Rotator cuff surgery
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:14:56 PM »
Hey!  I haven't been on for a long time now.  Seems like always something.  I have a rotator tear and may have to have surgery.  I am almost 61 years old.

Has anybody had this on top of every thing else?  I can't decide whether to have the surgery.

jpd
SJS, Fibro, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, GERD, Rosacea, TMJ

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

irish

• Global Moderator
Re: Rotator cuff surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:51:57 PM »
I haven't had a rotator cuff injury but I can't imagine going through life with the loss of function that these injuries can cause. Have you been able to find out how people with autoimmune diseases do with this surgery. I do know that these surgeries have a long recovery time and rehab is needed. Good luck with your decision and/or surgery. Irish

jpd54

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 08:56:53 AM »
Thanks, Irish!  No I haven't heard how autoimmune affects the surgery.  The thing is I hurt so many other places with fibro, etc, what's one more place.  lol

I have heard so many horror stories about the surgery and recovery, I'm not sure I want to go through that.  Living with the pain may be better.

I appreciate how you always take an interest in everybody's post.

jpd

Celebrex, Gabapentin, Lasix, Potassium,Hydroxychloroquine, Lexapro, Lisinopril / Hydrochlorothiazide, Linzess, Metoclopram, Nexium, Oracea, Savella, Simvastatin, Vitamin D, Voltaren

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 03:50:39 PM »
Take time to heal and get all the therapy you can.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Begather

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »

Has anybody had this on top of every thing else?  I can't decide whether to have the surgery.

jpd

I think you should go for the surgery because there is no option left for you now.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 09:41:19 PM by Begather »

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 12:03:24 PM »
I just came and reread this thread. It came to my attention that if I had this problem and with my many issues, I would probably go for the surgery. Reason being, I may have so many other weakness that I might regret not getting that rotater fixed. Using crutches, wh/ch and walker require the use of 2 pretty good arms and a chronic cuff injury could really cause some issues. Just my opinion. Irish

jpd54

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 02:05:24 PM »
Thanks, Irish!  My surgery is scheduled for August 6, 2015. 

jpd

katie1111

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 07:35:21 AM »
I was a worker's comp nurse for several years.  I never had an employee with Sjogren's, but I did have employees with rotator cuff tears.  The main thing I learned was the importance of doing the therapy religiously.  My patients who followed the doctor's and the therapists instructions did well.  My patients who complained of the pain and refused had the complications.  It is a tough surgery, but, according to my patients, well worth it.

Katie1111

jpd54

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:41 AM »
I had my shoulder surgery.  The dr ground down my bone spurs.  Fixed a torn tendon.  I did not have rotator cuff problems.

Now the bad news.  I have Level 4 osteoarthritis in my shoulder.  May need a complete shoulder replacement.  I think we are going to wait it out.

Thanks for the replies.  I am taking pain pills, exercising and icing my shoulder as I have been told to do.

jpd

Steve

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2015, 10:25:27 AM »
Hey!  I haven't been on for a long time now.  Seems like always something.  I have a rotator tear and may have to have surgery.  I am almost 61 years old.

jpd
I had surgery several weeks ago and wouldn't wake up for an hour and when I did I had amnesia affects.They had to give me narcan to reverse the effects.
Sjogrens,polyneurapathy,asthma,sleep apnea,cervical ,spondylosis,fibro ,cad. Cymbalta 20mg ,Plaquenil 400 mg , cellcept 3000 mg , prednisone 5 mg on a 12 day taper , ropinirol 4 mg , isosorbide 30 mg ,atorvastatain 40 mg , pantaprozel 40 mg,plavex 75 mg,pilocarpine 10 mg,advair 500/125,aspirin 81 mg

dry2010

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 09:17:20 AM »
I had shoulder surgery for a torn labrum on September 29th. I am currently in physical therapy for the next three to five months. I did not have any ill effects from it Sjogrens is stable. It is not easy but doable I do not have total use of my right arm but can function well enough till my flexibility comes back. If your shoulder pain is interrupting your daily life than I would do it.

Dry2010
Diagnosed SJS March 2010, Gerd, Plaquenil & Generic Evoxac,suspected Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome,Wellbutrin, Hypothyroid and menopause.

acer455

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2015, 10:45:16 PM »
          If you have the surgery hope everything goes well.