Author Topic: One Or More Good Things About Today?  (Read 37861 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
One Or More Good Things About Today?
« on: March 23, 2015, 02:44:24 PM »
I thought I would start this thread to be able to post even one good thing about today, and each day that I am able to. Some days if it is not wrote here, it is due to life (appointments etc).

If this is not a good idea or allowed then moderators please let me know. All are welcome if you want to add for your day or just read along.

I will start today with it's such a pretty sunny day with warm temperatures. Me and my hubby both have the crud, but have antibiotics working on it so that makes for a good day also.

Thanks for reading this,
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
Re: One Or More Good Things About Today?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »
It was sunny and mild today and I found some craft stuff I wanted. That was good!  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Carebear

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:35:54 PM »
After a sleepless night due to sheer excitement,  I had our contractor start work on several small projects in the house today.  He finished the bulk of the tile in the bathroom, and it is beautiful.  It's like being on one of those home reno shows!  Minus the sledge hammer.

Susan, nice thread.  Thanks for your invitation to join in.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

Head2Toe

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:24:03 PM »
I have been feeling great for several days now, so on Saturday I decided to tackle my living room.  I realized this was a risk since I'm not really sure what brings on my flares, and I knew this would be a labour intensive activity.  I was compelling to do it though, because through my now healthy eyes, my living room looked old, tired, and quite frankly abandoned and dirty  :-[

I spent about 3 hours shuffling items (books, ornaments, etc.), moving furniture, vacuuming, dusting, and weeding out clutter.  My poor husband watched me cautiously - I'm sure he was wondering about my sanity.  He lent a hand when it appeared to be safe, but otherwise generally stayed out of my way ;)  I worked, rested, worked, rested - and VOILA!!!!  My daughter came over on Sunday and she was shocked by the change and loved the new layout.  My husband isn't sure he's happy with it, but I've told him he needs to live with it until he comes up with a better idea and then helps me change it around again.

More importantly - although I was a bit sore and stiff yesterday - it was a completely 'normal' sore and stiff.  It did not feel at all like I feel when I'm in a flare!  This thrills me to no end, because in my mind it confirms:

1.  It's nothing I'm 'doing' that causes my flares - there is something else going on 
2.  I don't have to live in fear of causing a flare - I can live a normal life when I'm feeling well
3.  Normal soreness/stiffness IS different from what I feel when I am in a flare. 

This was really important information for me to have, because every now and then, I wonder about these things...

Female-57; Endometriosis (dx-1977); Cervical Osteoarthritis (dx 2014); Laryngeal Reflux (dx 2015); Seronegative & Negative Lip Biopsy

sixty

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 08:30:07 PM »
I'm so happy for you Head2toe.  I have the same experiences at times and it never causes a flare for me either.  When my flares come I rest, and rest.  It's the best way to get thru it as far as I'm concerned.  Keep eating well (I need to do this more) and respect your health.
When you feel well it's time to get things done.  Good luck to you.

susanep

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
I guess it is technically Tuesday, but I am up late. I just have to say that since my endocrinologist started me on a low dose of prednisone everyday that I have felt strength in my arms etc. that I have not felt in I don't know when. That has made for a good day, and I still have the crud. lol.. But like some of you said, it is different than a flare type sick.

If this keeps up then I will be moving furniture around like some of you girls.  ;)

Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

susanep

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:16 PM »
My husband surprised me with baked muffins. Yum! We shared in special moments that made for a good day.

katie1111

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:30 AM »
One time Ii heard a talk from on Psychologist on getting to sleep at night.  He suggested we try to think of three "blessings" that had occurred during the day and then concentrate on specifically how each had helped.  It is a technique that has worked for me. 

As for today, it is only 7:21 in the morning so not much time for anything good or bad.  However, I did have drive my husband to airport through the fog and Orlando's horrible traffic - and the good news - I survived.  Now, on with my day.

Katie

KCcat

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 04:30:44 AM »
I think it is wonderful thinking positive, what a great way to start the day!!  I have been on my own since Saturday when my husband had to go to Florida for work.  He has called
me every day, and he is coming home TOMORROW!!  Yes, I am excited about that, so is KC cat!  He keeps looking for Thomas, that makes me sad that he is missing him.  I have gotten
a lot of cards made for our church auction, so I call that good, because they need the card packs by April 18!  Even though I am sad that it is not sunny, we need the rain, so I am
glad that it is raining today, and hoping that it will green things up outside!  So, I think that is 3 good things, my husband coming home tomorrow, my cards getting done for the
auction, and the rain that is needed for the ground.
Wishing all of you a GREAT DAY!! :)

Carebear

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 06:39:33 AM »
My granddaughters and I shared a good laugh yesterday.  They thought Grandma was pretty darn hilarious, which warmed my heart.  :)
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 08:14:55 AM »
Today is another good day because we got a little more wet snow. It has been so dry in MN and all the snow had melted leaving a brown dry landscape that has the farmers worried. Having these late, wet snows are so good for the soils as they can soak in. We will take a lot more of this. Irish

susanep

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 01:22:25 PM »
I am reading all these good things. They make me smile. Any chance for a smile is a good thing.  ;)

I just put on a big load of clothes to wash, and sewed a couple of quilt blocks together to make my dad a lap quilt. My husband has gone to pick up some more meds for us. I count this as a good day. Doggies outside playing, and having fun with a breeze in the air.

I love reading all the things you precious folks have to tell us all about that makes it a good day. :)

Katybarstool

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »
I'd like to add something good about today: It's officially 'Purple Day', which is a global epilepsy awareness day. Our city hall and fountains were all purple, which I'm told was a wonderful sight.

I work for an epilepsy charity in the UK, and we all wore purple today. It felt really good to dress up, rather than the usual staid trouser ensemble that most of us  normally wear.

Kathyx   

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
I've had a rotten 2-day migraine and it went away today!!!! :D Makes me almost giddy with joy, LOL... ;D  ::)

Also, it's sunny and 74 degrees.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

susanep

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 08:27:09 PM »
One of my aunts had epilepsy all her life so that touches my heart too.

My day was good, because my fever had broke for most of the day. That gave me a rest.