Author Topic: Fall 2014 Group Challenge begins Sunday - Oct. 19th  (Read 23722 times)

Thea

Re: Fall 2014 Group Challenge begins Sunday - Oct. 19th
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »

1)  What's your favorite color(s)? I seem to be into turquoise these days

2)  What's your favorite season? fall

3)  Do you have any pets? Mingus the cat, Paris the dog, Thea the goat, Actaen and Apollo--horses

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is drinking wine in the north of Spain.

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be: compassionate, intense, introvert
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

litliwlowa

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 08:38:26 AM »
1)  What's your favorite color(s)?  hunter green

2)  What's your favorite season?  toss up between spring and fall

3)  Do you have any pets?  not at this time

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is ________________.  NO DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS for a year

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be ____, _____, _____. determined, compassionate, intelligent
SJS-Primary; Hashi's, Post surgical hypothyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Spondylolithesis, L&C Facet Arthropathy, Fibro, gluten intolerance, TBI, Radiculopathies, Neuralgias, Osteopenia, GERD, Asthma, Allergies. Sphincter Dyssynergia. OSA, Fasciitis, Cervical Spondylosis, Cancer, etc etc etc

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 10:11:40 AM »
I went on a lovely walk around the block with my husband yesterday evening, so that was fun!

Color = red
Season = Autumn
Pets = one indoor cat named Silver and a few feral cats that I leave food for at my back door. I've named them Greyjoy, Ninja, Trouble and Big Red.
Dream vacation = Ireland
Three words for me = compassionate, funny, hard-working
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

ohiolady

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 02:33:58 PM »
Color:  Purple
Season:  Summer
Pets:  none
Ideal vacation:  A trip to Charleston
Three words to describe me:  (my daughter came up with these). Compassionate, friendly and organized
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

Thea

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Interesting how often compassionate comes up. It shows in all the support folks get who come to this board.  :)
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2014, 04:06:40 PM »
1)  What's your favorite color(s)?  Red and Yellow.

2)  What's your favorite season?  Fall & Spring

3)  Do you have any pets?  Two outdoor cats - Spooky and her son, TJ

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is:  A 4-day girlfriend trip staying in a beach-house with no phones, no computers, no kids, no husbands where we could sleep in late, talk, laugh, watch movies, go for walks on the beach, talk some more and just enjoy each others company.   ;D

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be:  Thoughtful, Kind, Dependable

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

AlienDog

• Sjogrens Staff
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 06:55:58 PM »
Welcome to our World, Carol! Nice to meet ya!

Sunday challenge: I hosted a gaggle of teens who were laying the decking on my new front deck. It was a blast! Plus, I can roll out my front door!

Monday Challenge
Color: Cadet Blue (though I like most shades of grey and blue)
Season: Fall and Spring
Pets: Husky named Lunatic (Tic or Tick for short)
Vacation: hmmmm... a cottage on a beach in the mountains - taking pictures, reading, fishing, swimming, hiking, painting and eating.
me: Fun, loyal, alien

« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:09:07 PM by AlienDog »
Sjogren's World Executive Board, Staff Trainer, Technical Director, & Chat Coordinator

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »
1)  Red
2)Fall
3)No pets - just grandkids
4)I want to go on the beach "girls' trip" with Bucky!
5)calm, smart, positive

*I started a day late, but I did something fun today.  I planted a flat of pansies in pots and in front of my mailbox.  :)
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Day #3 of our 14-Day Challenge

I don't know about you, but I've enjoyed reading everybody's "fun" activities and the answers to their questions.   :)

Welcome to new member, Carol, whose first post was in our 14-Day Challenge!  :D  I hope you find this site helpful to you in your Sjogren's journey.

Cheryl - I would love for you to come along on my beach "girls trip"! 

So far, we're up to 13 members who are participating in this challenge.  Yay - the more the merrier!  You can join in anywhere along the 14 days even if you missed some days.

Our Challenge for Day #3 is:    Send a "thinking of you" card snail-mail to someone you haven't seen or talked with in a while.  There is something special about receiving an unexpected card in the mail that will brighten someone's day and also give them something tangible to look at again and again in the days to come.  Plus, it's always nice to be remembered.

Life gets busy with all the daily activities we have going on and it's not that we don't think of people, we just are busy and before you know it, a lot of time has passed since we've been in touch with them (sometimes, even years).

If you are so inclined, you could write a short note to include with the above card or at least say a few sentences in the card, don't just sign your name.  For those of you who are creative, you could even make your own card versus buying a store bought card.

All of these challenges during these 14 days are something that can be done in 10 minutes or less.  Surely you can spare 10 minutes of your time to bring happiness and a smile to someone else.   :)

Enjoy your day!

Bucky

"Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself.  It's what you do for others."               Danny Thomas
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

genko_b

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2014, 11:14:04 PM »
Day #2 questions:

1. Color: blue
2. Season: autumn
3. Pets: None right now
4. Ideal vacation: Anywhere overseas and exotic.
5. 3 words: creative, calm, happy

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 05:29:46 AM »
Great idea, Bucky! I sent a card to my granddaughter in college with a $20 in it yesterday, but I think I'll send a note to a friend of mine whose young daughter died unexpectly six months ago. Now that all the fanfare has passed, I bet she could use a kind word.

(Hey! I want to come on the girl trip to the beach with you and Cheryl!)
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

genko_b

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Writing a note to a friend whose cat died recently.

Genko

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 02:22:19 PM »
1)  What's your favorite color(s): Celadon Green

2)  What's your favorite season? Spring

3)  Do you have any pets? Sadly, no.

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is:Rome, Italy (to see my son who just arrived there 3 days ago to guard our U.S. Embassy)

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be: Creative, giving & funny
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Cheryl

• Sjogrens Staff
    • Enter here for chat room:
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
I have been putting off sending a card to my stepmother.  She was only married to my dad for 18 months before he died, and we are not close.  Yet she is in her 80's and would love to hear from me.  Here goes...
Chat co-host on Thursdays at 8:00 Eastern time

ohiolady

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »
Sent a note to a dear friend who is going through a rough time.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62