Author Topic: Crippling anxiety  (Read 4436 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Re: Crippling anxiety
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
You have been given excellent input. I can't really add to it. I have been there too. Just get any meds you might need. Better now than waiting until your depression/anxiety becomes even worse.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

eye2dry

• Sjogrens, RA, hypothyroid
Re: Crippling anxiety
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »

I have been where you are now......minus the small children part.

10 years ago we bought this house......without an inspector. we bought 3 previous homes without one
and it had turned out good.  the people we bought it from had hidden the basement walls with furniture
arrangement (bookcases, couch, gun safe...etc...)

the day we got the key to move in from them...they jumped in their RV and drove away..somewhere we think out west.
we went down to the finished basement to start cleaning.......OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wet paneling and foam board insulation,rusted furnace duct work and furnace, stained carpet...mold......earthworms, carpenter ants and even a salamander!!!

We had to rip out that finished basement (which the price of the house reflected the finished basement)
and put it all in the dumpster. we found several reasons for the problem....fixed it...yes, it cost us money.
however since it was just the 2 of us, we just tiled the floor, painted the walls nice and bright white, new glass block
windows....and use it for storage. it is now clean,bright and sanitary.

However, it took a toll on me from that first day and it wore me down mentally and physically.
in 4 months I went from 123 pounds to 98 pounds. I slept 20 hours a day, did not eat, just wished I could
walk out the door and not come back.  I also believe the stress of this got my hidden sjogrens and RA
jump started.

Anyways.....my husband insisted I see my PCP and I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression.
Was rx'd Celexa and in 3-4 weeks started to feel better.
Began slowly to eat without nausea.....stay awake longer and eventually laugh and go down
to that horrible basement and help my husband.

I hope this story of mine lets you know your not alone and there is help.
take care.

eye2dry
medications: synthroid- Cymbalta- plaquenil- lots of supplements

***Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am***