Author Topic: Fall 2014 Group Challenge begins Sunday - Oct. 19th  (Read 23754 times)

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Fall 2014 Group Challenge begins Sunday - Oct. 19th
« on: October 17, 2014, 11:52:24 AM »
Hi everyone!    :D

It's that time of year again . . . . time for a group challenge for those who wish to participate.

For those of you who are new to Sjogren's World, I'm Bucky, one of the staff members here at Sjogren's World.  For the past five years I have held various "group challenges" for our members to participate in if they wish to.  Just something fun for us to do.

If you'd like to read about some of our previous challenges, here are a few:  http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=10189.0  http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=13278.0  http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=14461.0 ;our 2012 challenge we had:  http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=21363.0   Last years challenge:  http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=23603.0

This years challenge will be an assortment of different things - come back on Sunday, Oct. 19th to begin our Fall Challenge.

I'm hoping we can get at least 20 members to participate.  For those of you would don't normally participate on the forum and just come here to read, come on . . join us, we'd love to have you along!

Looking forward to our challenge together - I hope you'll join us.  Anybody willing to sign up today to join us in our Fall 2014 Challenge?

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

genko_b

Re: Fall 2014 Group Challenge begins Sunday - Oct. 19th
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 01:20:02 PM »
Hi Bucky -

I'm in! These are always so much fun. Thanks for starting up another one.

Genko

Thea

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »
I'm in!  ;D
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 11:59:33 PM »
Day #1 of our 14-day Challenge

Hi Everyone - welcome to the Fall 2014 Group Challenge :D  This is going to be a two-week Challenge - starting today, October 19th through November 2nd.

I'm hoping that 20 members will join in this group challenge - the more the merrier!  A person can join anywhere along the way - just jump in and join in - we'd love to have you!  We've already got two brave souls - genko_b & Thea that signed up prior to the challenge starting . . .  :)

We all have "issues" dealing with Sjogren's, and these Challenges are just something fun to do without thinking about Sjogren's.  Sjogren's is an autoimmune disease we have, it is NOT who we are.

Unlike my previous Challenges in the past, where there was a specific "theme" for the entire Challenge - this time, there will be several different things we will be doing.  Some will be questions for us to answer - a sort of, "get-to-know you" kind of thing; some will be things for us to do; and whatever else I come up with.  ;)

Please always remember - anything you post on our forum is public domain - which can be viewed by members and non-members alike.  To protect your identity and your privacy, keep that in mind when posting.

Since today, October 19th is our kick-off day - here's the Challenge for today - do something fun today!  It can be anything you want that brings you joy, laughter, or a smile to your face.  Then . . . come back here and tell us about what you did for fun.  It's that simple.   :D

Many times in our Sjogren's journey - we forget to smile . . . we forget to laugh . . . we take life too seriously and need to relax more.  Stress is not a Sjoggie's friend.

Enjoy your day - do something fun - and come back and share it with us.   :D

As is my tradition with challenges - I will end each day with a quote - enjoy!

Bucky

"Always laugh when you can, it is cheaper than medicine."  (quote seen on many websites)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:08:43 AM by Bucky »
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
I'm in!
DO SOMETHING FUN TODAY...you're such a task master LOL! I did, before I even thought about "having to" I was making bent wire jewellery with my granddaughters! Lots of giggles, and three very proud little jewellery makers by the end of it.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »
Linda - your bent wire jewelry making sounds fun - wish I could have been there too!   :D

Today, my "fun" was going to lunch with my best friend.  Lately, we've been so busy we haven't had much chance for some quiet, one-on-one time.  It was perfect!!   :D

Keeping with the "fun" theme . . . I played a bunch of games this afternoon (Yahtzee, Bejeweled Blitz, Farkle, Peggle) . . . which I love, and took a nap . . . which I love.   ;D

Hope to hear from others who are going to join us in our 14-day Fall Challenge. 

Bucky

Thea

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »
I went to the beach!

It's only five minutes away, but I rarely go there. It was absolutely beautiful. Amazingly warm breeze for this time of year, great grey building clouds off shore and a cyclone of seagulls. My little dog filled her nose with all the nice smells.

This beach is usually pretty empty.  As a bonus it turned out, just as I got there two carloads of tourists stopped.  I think it was a sport team from Eastern Europe--I couldn't quite place the language.  About a dozen very good-looking young men! Bonus!
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

grammad97

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 06:09:22 PM »
Spent time hanging out with a couple of my grandchildren.  After that I read magazine's and read the newspaper cover to cover.
Fun times!
Deb
Primary sjogrens, UCTD; osteoarthritis;osteopenia; HBP ;fibromyalgia;RX-plaquenil, butrans 20mcg patch ;flexaril;hydrocodone5/325;restasis, omega3, vit D, super B complex;s ;gluten free;lisinopril;moderate hearing loss

ohiolady

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »
My daughter just had a baby and we are visiting them in Georgia.  So, I had  great time with our newest addition to the family.

Anna
SJS  Hashimoto's   Mild Raynauds  GERD  Gastroparesis
Restasis, Evoxac, Dexilant,  Domperidone, Zofran and Synthroid. Fish Oil, Vit D and B12  R lipoic acid,  Acetyl L Cartnine, Vitamin B1, and The Perfect Food Green and Fruit supplement

Kidney Cancer Survivor   
Female   Age: 62

genko_b

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 06:42:55 PM »
Went for a walk with my husband on this lovely Indian summer day, looking at leaves changing and all the pretty gardens, plus a stop at our neighborhood bookstore.

Genko

Bucky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »
Day #2 of our 14 day Challenge

We're off to a great start with jewelry making, a visit to the beach and good looking young men as a bonus  ;), time spent with grandchildren, a brand new grandbaby - congratulations to all!, and a walk w/hubby and a stop at a bookstore.  It all sounds like a perfect Sunday!

We have 6 members participating so far - we need at least 14 more to reach our 20 member goal.   ;)

The challenge for Day 2 is going to be five icebreaker, "get to know you" questions. We Sjoggies come from literally all over the world, we're all in different chapters in the book of life, we're young, middle aged, senior citizens and everywhere in between and as different as each snowflake that falls in the winter.

As different as we all are - we share a common bond, Sjogren's Syndrome.  To me, it helps to bounce ideas or ask questions with others who understand the journey I'm on.  When we come to this forum - everyone here "get's it" - you don't have to explain yourself, you won't get strange looks . . . we get it!

Some of us have been on this forum for years, others are brand new . . . everyone is welcome wherever you are in your Sjogren's journey.  So, let's find out a little about each other.

1)  What's your favorite color(s)?

2)  What's your favorite season?

3)  Do you have any pets?

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is ________________.

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be ____, _____, _____.

Have a good Monday - enjoy this brand new day!   :)

Bucky

"The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have."          DandelionQuotes.com

Carol

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 03:35:36 AM »
Hi y'all!  My name is Carol and I live near Burlington, NC with my husband Carl and daughter Breanne.  I was diagnosed earlier this year and am still trying to figure this all out.  Thank You for this forum.

1). Any shade of blue or green
2). Fall
3). Yes. 3 weenie dogs, Bubba, Goober and Dotty
4). Alaska, I hear it is beautiful.
5). Caring, compassionate, fun

Linda196

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 05:15:40 AM »
1)  What's your favorite color(s)?PURPLE

2)  What's your favorite season? Autumn

3)  Do you have any pets? only the hubby  ;)

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is.As long a period as I can get, relaxing at my cottage, with walks on the beach, beautiful sunsets, good books, and food prepared by someone else!

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be outgoing, curious, purposeful.
Please check out our home page at http://www.sjogrensworld.org/index.html {{INCLUDES A LINK TO AMAZON SHOPPING!!}}
; and live chat at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net/#SjogrensWorld

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 05:27:08 AM »
1)  What's your favorite color(s)? I love all colors

2)  What's your favorite season? Spring

3)  Do you have any pets? I have 4 doggies. My babies

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is __Going to Alabama where Mother Angelica is I think, and visit the place, though I am not Catholic, and to the restaurant they all talk about that they say has the best green fried tomatoes. ______________.

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be _Loving___, __Silly___, _Thinker____.
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

catherine1234

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 06:02:30 AM »
I am in! It has been awhile since I posted, so this is a great way to jump back in :) Sunday I went to my son's lacrosse tournament all day and I actually LOVE watching lacrosse!

1)  What's your favorite color(s)? Probably dark grey or silver. Right now I am loving all the burgundy and maroon!

2)  What's your favorite season? Fall

3)  Do you have any pets? Jack Russell (dog) named Chase and a Oldenburg mare (horse) named Katcha In a Daze - Daisy for short.

4)  My ideal (or dream) vacation is an active spa trip somewhere warm!

5)  If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be thoughtful, outgoing, and fun .