Author Topic: For a laugh or giggle.. ~.~  (Read 1980 times)

quietdynamics

For a laugh or giggle.. ~.~
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:42:26 AM »
Still working away at estate issues.. sigh.
Stayed at home with granddaughter.. and trying to do things.
Worked fine outside with help, more of a challenge inside.. darn those multiple rest breaks.
I still remember being the "Energizer Bunny".. seems like yesterday in my "minds' eye" .. Blink, blink.. get my liquid tears.

On the lighter side...

Hope you enjoy this..

Lilly, granddaughter is now 6.
I bought some pink lemonade and put in small wedges of lime for color.
She wanted to sell some at bottom of driveway.
"Lilly, anyone and everyone can sell lemonade, why not sell some of your paintings?"
( I wanted to keep her busy painting outside with water paints on the deck.  ;) )

So we brought down her paints next trip.
She painted away.. and made a sign... Painting 4 sale.. $5
LOL

Lilly set up her sign, chair and paintings at end of driveway ( street ends in cul-de-sac) and even put a chair in the shade for me up at the garage (so observant; children). Set up when people would be coming home from work.

And a woman did stop.  "What are you selling?" So Lilly told her, "My paintings".
"YOU did these. How much?"... Lilly quips $5
Woman looks at me.. I look at her ... I said 25 or 50 cents would be appropriate.
So she bought 2 and paid Lilly $1 each.........LOL 
Lilly was elated.    :)  :)

Agent comes to home while we are working on it with a buyer..
End of tour she sees Lilly and notices sign... she bought 3 @ 50 cents each... lol   :)  :) :)

Entrepreneur in the making.. LOL. 
Lilly is very thoughtful .. first woman mentioned she had to hurry home as it was her anniversary.
So Lilly painted a Happy Anniversary painting for her and her husband.  "Happy Anniverseree"

Taking Lilly back down this weekend for a B'day party she is invited to..
Haven't told her yet. 
Swim party...even though temps have cooled to 70's.... blue, shivering children are still cute.  ;D
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Bucky

• Global Moderator
Re: For a laugh or giggle.. ~.~
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
Quietdynamics - yay, Lilly - you go girl!!   :D

Cute idea to keep Lilly busy.

It was sweet of Lilly to whip up a special anniversary painting on the spot.   (insert thumbs up here)

Many, many years ago I talked our son into doing something similar for our garage sale.  He painted some pictures and then we used one of those wooden drying racks to clip his paintings on.  He sat out there and beamed from ear to ear when people would stop and inquire about his paintings.

This one lady, who happened to be a retired art teacher, bought all the paintings (I think he had six of them out there).  Then, she wanted him to sign each painting.  So, I run in the house, grab my camera and get a shot of the lady bending down and our son signing away.   :D

Perhaps next time Lilly is selling paintings she can ask if they would like them signed?   ;)

Can Lilly swim in long underwear?  hehe

Here's an idea for Lilly once it gets closer to Halloween - take plastic see-through household gloves (I bought them in a package from the dollar store that had 100 gloves in it), put a candy corn in each finger (as a fingernail), then add popped popcorn to the glove and then tie it off with a pretty orange ribbon.  We sold out of those in a heartbeat - 50 cents each.

Bucky
Come sit a spell and join in live chat - we serve non-fattening, zero calorie goodies while discussing all kinds of things.  ;D

http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2014, 04:16:24 PM »
Cute story, and cute idea Bucky.  ;)

susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Pisces24

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
I bet that Happy Anniversay painting just made someone's day. It isn't so much the big things, it is the little things that count.

Thea

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:48:16 PM »
Very cute!
Inflammatory osteoarthritis, dx Nov 2013, Secondary SS (sero-neg) dx Feb 2013, Type 2 Diabetes (diet controlled), Post-Viral Syndrome (lungs); Hydroxychloroquine, Restassis, Omega 3 oils, Optive Advanced, Biotene, fluoride gel, MI Paste

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
God Bless the children for keeping some sanity in our lives. Better keep that grandchild around cause she might be a money maker down the road. Irish