Author Topic: eosinophilia esophagitis diagnosis anyone???  (Read 1587 times)

irish

• Global Moderator
eosinophilia esophagitis diagnosis anyone???
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »
I am scheduled for my colonoscopy and gastroscopy on Oct 9th. My ENT want them to biopsy and culture my esophagus and see if I have eosinophila esophagitis. I was just wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with this. From what I have read there is pretty much just the usual treatment for reflux, etc. It will be interesting to see what the results are as I have had colon issues for years that are quite weird. I keep thinking I will end up with colon ca as 2 members of my family died from this..

I have had to put this off for about 6 months so hope things are ok. I absolutely hate the prep. It is one of the worst things in the medical world as far as I am concerned. One of the things that gets to me is that it takes so darn long and it ruins persons night. Oh, well, guess I can complain all night and it won't make any difference. Thanks Irish

quietdynamics

Re: eosinophilia esophagitis diagnosis anyone???
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:28 AM »

Irish .. a support post for you and hoping your prep and tests results help to resolve whatever symptoms you are having.

I did not find the colonoscopy prep so bad.
Just wish I had known to put a towel under me during the night.

I kept thinking after being "clean as a whistle" ..  to add more probiotics, eat even healthier, importantly better breakfast, etc... then as you know life gets in the way... 

CA in families.. beyond our control, except that we are fortunate to be in the throes of tests and being monitored.
So it goes..
Hoping all goes well for you.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:32:57 AM »
Good luck!
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

SjoDry

• "When you are battling with a gorilla, you don't g
    • Sjodry and Parched
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:48 AM »
Let me suggest that use SUPREP for your prep. I was having a lot of nausea around the time that I needed to get a colonoscopy.
I knew that I would be unable to get the regular jugs of Go Lightly down without getting sick. My mom had just had a colonoscopy, and used the SUPREP & told me how much better it is. She also told me that her doc told her that there are pills available to take.

It did cost me $75.00 to use it (with the insurance provider I had at that time), but it was so worth it for me. You only have to drink 2 glasses of it....that's it! Depending upon when your test is scheduled the following day...you will need to get up, usually very early in the middle of the night to drink your second glass. But I will never do a colonoscopy any other way again!  So much better than any other prep I have ever had the misfortune to have to drink  :P

Good Luck!
SjoDry
Sjodry
http://sjodry.wordpress.com/

Female 55 y/o; SJS Primary; CVID; Autonomic Neuropathy: Chronic Digestive/G.I. issues; Leukopenia;Tachycardia; Bronchiectasis; High Blood Pres; R.A.;Chronic Pain; Sub~Q IVIG infusions~Hizentra; Plaquenil; Restasis; Gapapentin; Breathing/nebulizer meds; Pain meds;

Kathy57

• Primum non nocere - "First do no Harm"
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »
 I just recently had a gastroscopy and the nurse called me with results, however, I don't see my Dr. (because she is so darn busy) until 9/22/14.  I intend to ask her a lot of questions including whether or not she tested me for eosiniphilia esophagitis.  I'm not 100% sure that my Dr. realizes that there is a connection between Sjogrens and GI. 

I know her NP was in the dark.  I'll find out on the 22nd.    They can't get me in any sooner than that and they keep offering the NP to me.  I already talked to her and I don't think she has a clue.  Going to talk to the Doc and if she is too busy I'm going to ask her to refer me to GI who is knowledgeable about Sjogrens and who has the time!

Good luck to you Irish.  Hope all goes well.
Kathy
62 yr old female - Diagnosed Sjogrens Aug. 1st 2014.  Plaqinil, Evoxac, Prevacid, Lexapro, Hypothyroid, Esophagel Reflux, Gastritis, Barretts Esophagus, failed sinus surgery with 3 nasal septal perforations.  (Can't see it from the outside)  Asthma, albuterol, Dulera, Nebulizer, Osteoporosis.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 02:36:59 PM »
I don't get so terrible nauseated from the prep, it is just hard on me because of my myasthenia gravis. Any stressor to the body makes myasthenia gravis and weakness worse. Really interferes with life. The antibiotics make me weak and Diflucan is really knocking me off my feet also. Takes me so long to recover after a stressor attack on my body. Then, of course, when I am confined more to sitting in the old chair my mouth wants to have food in it. Then, my blood sugars go up. I am getting back into crocheting potholders to keep busy. It really is more fun to eat. I have craved sweets so much this summer that it is pathetic. Irish