Author Topic: The Paradox of Osteoporosis Irreversibility  (Read 1077 times)

lighthouse33

The Paradox of Osteoporosis Irreversibility
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:55:57 AM »
The Paradox of Osteoporosis Irreversibility

blogs.creighton.edu/heaney/2014/07/25/the-paradox-of-osteoporosis-irreversibility-2/
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

wendyoh

Re: The Paradox of Osteoporosis Irreversibility
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 09:00:06 PM »
very interesting blog...doing some research because have stubborn ostepenia......thanks, late :)
sjogrens, cervical stenosis, bulging cervical discs 4 level, DDS, DJD, emerging vertigo, cfs, fms, gerd, plantar fascitis, corneal erosion, some other stuff :)
not trained in medical field so just share my experience and opinions as a consumer and lay researcher trying to get more well-ness

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:49 AM »
My take away;  Start ESTROGEN replacement ASAP during perimenopause if you are in the demographic for Osteoporosis. (check for breast cancer family history of course).  You will need an RX for true Estrogen replacement.  I have also had testosterone replacement for many years.

I am 75 and still use an estrogen replacement GEL that I purchase (with an RX of course) from a compounding pharmacy.  No insurance will pay for this past age 65.  Once you're old you age out of this coverage.

The gel provides estrogen to my blood stream without involving my gastrointestinal system.

Since I was totally and completely POST menopausal at age 41 (yes that happens) I have been replacing estrogen for 34 years.

My bones are like iron.  I am northern European Caucasian, but not fair skinned with blue eyes, and have never been naturally slim in build, so I'm not an 'ideal' candidate for Osteoporosis. 

Since I am only a sample size of one, with no control 'me', I have no idea what I would be like without the Estrogen gel. 

Regards,  Elaine

Female-75-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-IBS-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-Intertrigo,Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-IVIG-Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-Copper-Amitriptyline-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-FishOil

SunshineDaydream

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:47:51 AM »
My friend is swearing by cannaboids for reversing her osteoporosis. She has posted about encouraging medical studies and her personal test results and progress.

I've had osteopenia for a while and am trying to stave off osteoporosis with calcium supplements, exercise and daily smoothies containing yogurt (calcium). I'm scheduled for another DEXA scan this summer and hoping to see some improvement.
Sjogren's, lupus and osteopenia
Rx: Evoxac and Restasis 
Vitamins and Supplements: A, B complex, C, D3, E, calcium orotate, magnesium glycinate, D-Mannose, curcumin, fish oil, probiotic