Author Topic: Time alone? Many would rather hurt themselves  (Read 1455 times)

lighthouse33

Time alone? Many would rather hurt themselves
« on: July 04, 2014, 01:38:59 PM »
Time alone? Many would rather hurt themselves

yahoo.com/time-alone-many-rather-hurt-themselves-185257727.html
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

litliwlowa

Re: Time alone? Many would rather hurt themselves
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 06:04:38 PM »
That's so sad!!

Personally I need my alone time to think and reflect and enjoy the sounds of the birds in teh early morning and teh sounds of crickets at night...although the skeeters can go back where they came from!!

I know there are people like that though, who I guess don't know how to enjoy some solitude? I can't relate to the people in the pilot study shocking themselves. And the one who reportedly shocked himself 190 times? How very sad!!

The first comment under the article made a valid point though about extroverts. I am an introvert (no, not shy at all - rather I need my alone time to renew).

Where Carter says in the article that it may be attributed to modern technology making it difficult to slow down - that does make sense as a factor. When I was still able to work, experienced the paradigm shift from quality to production. Well production as a priority isn't conducive to slowing down.  It's about faster faster faster. As for modern technology? Perhaps so.

Oh, I tried copy/pasting the link and it went to the main yahoo news page.

I had to search engine the article title to get to the article
SJS-Primary; Hashi's, Post surgical hypothyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Spondylolithesis, L&C Facet Arthropathy, Fibro, gluten intolerance, TBI, Radiculopathies, Neuralgias, Osteopenia, GERD, Asthma, Allergies. Sphincter Dyssynergia. OSA, Fasciitis, Cervical Spondylosis, Cancer, etc etc etc

Bobbie

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 05:52:30 AM »
I am the same as you litliwlowa  :)  I need my quiet time.

Bobbie
Graves,Addison's,Sjogren's,Migraines,Restless Leg,Erosive Inflammatory Osteoarthritis,Peripheral Neuropathy,Osteoarthritis,RA, episcleritis
 Plaquenil, Prednisone, Florinef, Synthroid, Restasis, Evoxac,Zofran,Lexapro,Gabapentin,Maxalt,Naproxen,Divaloprex,Omerpazole,Methotrexate,Remicade

Mexgal

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:51:47 AM »
Me too.  I so need my space and alone time!

Mishelle

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
I have always been very much an extrovert, I needed the interaction with people. Now I find that I need my quiet mornings until my body decides to cooperate. Its hard to do on my weeks that I have my little men (8 and 6) but I survive.