Author Topic: Pigmentation changes in mouth  (Read 863 times)

Pamela

Pigmentation changes in mouth
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »
This is a totally new thing for me.  For the past two months I have noticed black pigment changes inside my bottom lip and now it's starting in the corners of my mouth.  I went to the dentist for my cleaning and asked her about it.  She had no idea what it was so she's sending me to an oral surgeon.  I got on line and did some research and found out that Plaquinil and Miniocycline are two medications that can cause mouth pigmentation.  I've been on both these meds for years and just noticed the changes in the past couple of months.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I'm wondering how far this will spread and if it's safe or not.
Sjorgrens, Fibro, Osteo Arthritis, Gastroporesis, Raynauds, Gluten Intolerance, Sugar Intolerance.  Plaquenil, Tramadol, Minocycline, Nortriptyline, Protonix, Lidocaine Patches, High Energy Vitamin, Calcium, FIsh Oil, Vitamin E, Acidophilus, Biotin.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Pigmentation changes in mouth
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 06:41:43 AM »
Please see the oral surgeon as soon as you can.

You are wise to follow up on this.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes and Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

deeindiana

• Deb Perry Studio: photography & graphic arts
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 09:09:47 PM »
It's certainly a good idea to check out any sudden changes. Keep us posted. Your information may help someone else in the future.
Good luck! *hug*
Diagnosed June 2010.
Rheumy at University of Michigan Med Center. Age 62
Difficulty swallowing, fibromyalgia, burning mouth, GERD, anxiety, dry, dry, dry!
Medications: Atenolol, Dexilant, Plaquenil
I am my own worst enemy...

stephL

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
I just happened to have read this article today. It could be a symptom of Addison's Disease.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addison%27s_disease#Signs_and_symptoms
"Unlike weakness, fatigue can be alleviated by periods of rest." -Wikipedia: Fatigue (medical)