Author Topic: 5 days on plaquenil and a bit better ????  (Read 2325 times)

Tracyrose

5 days on plaquenil and a bit better ????
« on: May 17, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
Is that possible ? I feel a bit more focused and less dizzy and have a tiny bit more energy , placebo effect or can it work that fast. ? On a side note i wanted to post pics of my sons graduation but dont see how to add a pic or attachment ?  Im using an iphone .

Carebear

Re: 5 days on plaquenil and a bit better ????
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
Regardless of the reason I am happy you feel better.  But my guess is that it isn't the Plaquenil.  That takes weeks or months to begin working.  But better is still better!

For the pictures, you will have to wait to hear from someone more technical than myself.
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

slccom

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 02:11:24 PM »
Not necessarily true. It could easily be the Plaquinel. Especially since you have had a challenging day. In any case, I'm glad to hear the good news! You need some.

Sharon

SjoGirl

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 02:26:42 PM »
Whatever it is great news!

I felt Plaquenil effects pretty quickly. Then it seemed to subside then kicked in again. So don't be discouraged if you feel well then regress. May you continue to feel well.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

wildforwater

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
Tracyrose,

I felt the effects pretty early on as well.  Not as early as you but at 5 1/2 weeks.  Also thought it may be a placebo effect. Then, shortly thereafter, I had a flare and was discouraged. BUT, the flare was not as long or as bad as it has been in the past.  Have only been on it close to two months now and am hoping it will work even better with time.  Am having a fantastic day today.  Never thought those words would come out of my mouth again.  I called my daughter and told her to remind me of today the next time I have a flare and find myself discouraged again.

Postive thoughts, positive energy.  Keep focusing on how much better you feel. Yay!

Maria

Sjogren's; Hashimoto's Thyroiditis; Raynaud's Syndrome; GERD; Barrett's Esophagus; Gilbert's Syndrome; Tremors; SFN; Osteoporosis; Osteoarthritis; Lyme 2003 & Lyme/Babesiosis 2010; OB; Plaquenil; Evoxac; Restasis; Prevacid; Synthroid; Prozac;Estrace Cream; Vitamin D.

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
Hi Tracyrose  :)

I am glad that you are feeling somewhat better. After 3 months on Plaquenil - I didn't. They upped the dose. After 6 moths I finally felt some benefit!

I hope that you continue to feel better.

take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

gurs

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 04:28:44 AM »
I felt better the next day after I started it. Each person is different. Hope you continue to have great results.

FYI....years ago I started taking Imuran..doctors told me it would take awhile to work..however, the next two days after
starting it, I felt dramatically better...it lasted until I had to stop it because of a severe yeast infection.

Doctor said "No way", it wouldn't work that fast...when I had to stop it, went back to feeling super ill again??? go figure.

Gursie
52 years old.Primary SS, Lupus, Raynauds, POTS, Hormone issues from Hyster-menopause, systemic candida,osteoporosis,Gastroparesis, chronic neuropathy, migraines, sinus/dental issues. selective immune def/low t-cells.
Prednisone & medrol , plaquenil, diflucan, bio-estrogen creams,many supplements

Tracyrose

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2014, 07:09:42 AM »
Today was the first morning i woke up not feeling like i had been hit by a truck. Besides the horrible gas i have not had any side effects . The gas is really astounding i must say lol .

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 08:04:37 AM »
Tracy:  Yea!
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

finallyadx

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 08:05:53 AM »
Great news - hope it continues to work and makes your symptoms subside or at least keep them at bay.

It took me almost six months to really feel benefits but everyone is different...what I am hoping for you is at the six month mark you are feeling even better!  Keep us posted.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Kim
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

reme

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 08:10:53 AM »
Hi Tracey
I like you am on day 3 taking plaquenil and cannot say as yet any improvement but will wait and see.  My rheumy said would not feel any improvement for at least 8 weeks so will see.  I was diagnosed in Feb. so I feel anything to help me feel better from the way I had felt for past 2 years not knowing what was wrong.  At least we are on the right path (I hope).  Keep in touch and can compare notes.
Reme :)

Tracyrose

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 02:47:55 PM »
Hi Reme, i felt a little less dizzy and out of it to start. I have not taken a nap today either and cleaned my house for a bit too. I hope you get some results . My job wants to know if i need to leave or not i have been so ill- i am at a loss about what to do about it. What are your symptoms? I have tested negative on all my bloodwork except for inflamation. Sounds like you got a positive for sjogrens. This sucks so bad , i got very ill so fast . I believe mine was activated by  having a virus ( herpes 1) then a staph infection on my breast soon after , then a tooth abcess . sounds like i am a drug addict lol but i am not ! I just went downhill after that.