Author Topic: eyelid pimple?  (Read 1422 times)

Alderney

eyelid pimple?
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:59:18 PM »
Does anyone get what looks like pimples in their eyelid just above or below the eyelashes?  Was wondering if this was a part of the SS

anita

Re: eyelid pimple?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
Are you sure it's not a sty?   I would not mess with it either way.
52 yr old SjS, APS w/strokes, Autonomic Neuropathy, PN, Nephrogenic DI, (CVID) IgG def., Cushing's, Asthma, Gastroparesis.  Sero-neg w/+ lip biopsy.  Meds: IVIG & pre-meds, Arixtra, Aspirin, Plaquenil, Cardizem, Toprol XL, Domperidone, Nexium, Midodrine, Symbicort, Fentanyl, Percocet, Zofran

Ripvanann

• "A DESIRE FULFILLED IS A TREE OF LIFE"
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 08:23:39 PM »
Yeah, I was going to say that it sounds like a sty as well. Anita is right, don't mess with anything on your eye. Get it looked at. Stys do seem to come with dry eyes. I'm not sure what causes them however.

Peace and blessings,
~Andrea
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.

wildforwater

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 07:20:14 AM »
I had one and it was an ingrown eyelash.  My opthamalogist was able to get it out for me before it got infected.

Maria
Sjogren's; Hashimoto's Thyroiditis; Raynaud's Syndrome; GERD; Barrett's Esophagus; Gilbert's Syndrome; Tremors; SFN; Osteoporosis; Osteoarthritis; Lyme 2003 & Lyme/Babesiosis 2010; OB; Plaquenil; Evoxac; Restasis; Prevacid; Synthroid; Prozac;Estrace Cream; Vitamin D.

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 07:49:10 AM »
Well, there's always Blepharitis.

It goes with Sjogren's a great deal of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blepharitis

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/blepharitis/basics/definition/con-20024605

http://www.fairview.org/healthlibrary/Article/83490

There are three causes of blepharitis:  an infection, mites, or more of a chronic condition (which is what I have with Sjogren's).

I treat it with warm compresses, and gentle rubbing to clean my eyes which are crusty and sticky in the mornings.

Keep us posted.

See your doctor if it is red, swells, or seems infected in any way.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

cccourt1942

• Suffered from numerous symptoms for about 25 years
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 08:08:17 AM »
wild and Carolina nailed this one:  I learned it on this board  a long time ago.  During a discussion it was mentioned.  I had them several times the year before I was dxed.  I actually did try to "pop" the first one.  Couldn't get to it.  Thank goodness.  They do subside...but if remembering correctly, takes a minimum of two weeks.  Didn't wear eye makeup during the time.

ccc
Sjogren's, Psoriasis, Hashimoto's, Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis, Cold hands/feet,  fatigue,  pilocarpine-25 mg , Restasis, Plaquenil, Low dose Prednisone (2-3 mg daily) Xylimelt, Citrucel, Alcon-Naturale, Tears,Omega 3, Vit.D, Caltrate+D3, Fosamax, CoQ10, Zinc, Oxtellar. Levothyroxene

Eileen

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 12:45:19 PM »
A few years ago, I had a clear pimple on the lower eyelid. Then it started to grow and turned red. My ophthalmologist said it wasn't anything to worry about, it wouldn't affect my vision, but I had it removed because it was annoying. She numbed it and burned it off. I didn't feel it at all. About a year later it began to grow back but I was able to pick it off. I told her about it and she said that was okay, it may continue to grow back. Could be what you have.
Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, Facet Joint Syndrome, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis and Asthma
Plaquenil, Hydrocodone, Albuterol, Vit D & C

Jasper

• P SJS; SFN; Sensory Polyneuropathy/Ganglionopathy
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 02:09:44 PM »
I had Blepharitis on and off the year before I was diagnosed with Sjogren's. I had to use mupiricin ointment (very carefully) on the eyelids. It eventually cleared up. Now I am exceptionally careful about eyelid care and luckily have not had it for awhile.

After I was diagnosed with Sjogren's I discovered (in my constant reading and research about Sjogren's) that Blepharitis is common in Sjogren's.

If it was me, I would see a doctor for a definite diagnosis. I agree with the others, one does not want to fool around with the eyes. One needs a diagnosis and appropriate treatment. 
ANA 1:160; SS-A+; MSG +; Plaquenil, Rituxan infusions, Restasis, HRT, Curcumin, Calcium, CoQ10, NAC, Resveratrol, Whole Omega, Omega 3, R Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L Carnitine, Krill Oil, Mag. Threonate, Bio-Collagen UC II, NAD+, & Vit A, B, C, D, E, K 1 & 2.