Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1152 times)

Cindy

Please help
« on: March 26, 2014, 08:05:02 PM »
Please help!!! Is it just me having this symptom? It started a few years back with my right hand being colder than the left. It has gotten much worst to the point that my right side get colder than the left. My classroom temperature is HOT and I'm still freezing on one side. It comes and goes all day long. Since January is has been worst than ever. The bad part is that because that side is cold my joints start to hurt more and more only on that side. Is like I been out in the cold all day except I'm inside with a room temperature of 78-82. I made an app with a neuro for April 14 but is driving me crazy specially now that my joints hurt because of me being cold. I used to ignore it and I have never mentioned this to my doc until last week that I send an email to my rheumy.

Piebird

Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 01:45:48 AM »
Do you feel like one side is cold or is one side actually cold?

I am asking because I have neurological problems. Sometimes I feel like ice water is running down my shin and pooling around my foot.

Cindy

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 05:06:01 AM »
One side is actually colder. People can tell the difference if I touch them with both hands

quietdynamics

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 05:39:25 AM »

Hello Cindy,
I have it also, only my right hand.
I was going to buy a strip thermometer to try to check skin .. Duh.. they do not go that low.

Neurologist did do a nerve test, normal.
Possibly not the right test.

Do you have weakness in your right arm by any chance? 

I do not have an answer.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »
Some thoughts:

Raynaud's Syndrome
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome

Good idea to check it out.  Finding the right doctor could take some time.  Perhaps try a University Medical Center.

Not every doctor is like Dr. House on the TV show. 

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3