Author Topic: Tailbone Pain Anyone?  (Read 2511 times)

shea

Tailbone Pain Anyone?
« on: March 09, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »
I think I asked this before, but I'm so confused what to do.  I'm having this horrible tailbone pain intermittently and I don't know if I should have it checked out or if it's just inflammation that will be back in the future.  I'm still so confused and in awe of all the symptoms I've had for years that make sense now but still being seronegative it's hard to get doctors to look at me like I'm not making all this up.  My other huge complaint is pain in the back part of my foot.  I'm guessing it's the heel or a tendon that wraps down around the heel.  I'm not sure if that is the arthritis the rheumy is treating me for or not.  I'm still so confused!  The pain is so bad I limp a lot.  I take breaks when walking distances.  It hurts when I've sat too long.  It's a catch 22.  I have been feeling a bit better.  I'm a month into Plaquenil now.  I've noticed my energy level has increased.  I took a nap today for the first time in a week or so.  That's such an improvement for me since I used to nap daily!  Now if I could get these 2 other pains under control I would be a bit happier.  Oh, and the numbness in my left shoulder blade area too while I'm dreaming.  :)

Tharrell

• There has to be humor in this somewhere!
Re: Tailbone Pain Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:23:01 PM »
Hi Shea, I just started with the heel pain as well, both feet! Hurt like the dickens and you hobble along. I read that it also could be part of RA. i'm going to mention it to my rheumy next Friday when I send in my weekly report. See what she says.
It's always something new!
MCTD, sjogren's,dRTA,CVID, sero neg. ra,achalasia,Morvan’s syndrome,familial dysautonomia,POTS, MCI, IC. Occular neuromyotonia migraines,raynauds,B6,Florinef, propanolol,sodium bicarb, plaquenil,requip,B2,topiramate, synthroid,diazepam,trulance,enbrel,cevimeline,
arava,omeprazole, mexiletin

shea

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
Thanks Tharrell, if you see this thread after your appt, I would be interested to know what your doc says.  I'm considering a trip to a neuro for an MRI.  I'm having a lot of symptoms that correlate with MS and maybe the MRI will show my tailbone problem at the same time.  Who knows.  Good luck.  I have the heel pain on both too, but only one is so bad I limp.  Goo luck with yours...I totally know what you're going through!

Sleepy In Seattle

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2014, 07:57:34 AM »
I don't know about the heel pain, but I have trouble with a wonky S-I joint and have tailbone problems as a result sometimes....and that CAN be part of Sjs/Lupus/autoimmune disease.

I have had great luck with good physical therapy, though...it helps a lot to keep the muscles around the affected joint strong and correct, so the joint stays aligned properly and (hopefully) keep inflammation to a minimum. I have learned to use my body differently and develop different habits (posture, standing, sitting, lifting, etc) and have minimal pain now.

I also think getting treatment for the A-I diseases has helped a lot - 3 years of Plaquenil, 2 years of Methotrexate, etc.

best of luck with it all...sounds like a visit to the doc and some tests are in order!
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

SjoGirl

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2014, 02:14:44 PM »
I had all kinds of pain all over when this started. That said it's not all from SjS so it's always worth having things checked out.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

felpeyu2

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 12:30:23 PM »
Hi. It is an old post (2014) but I have a similar issue, because I have tailbone pain. It started about two or three months ago and I have this pain every day. I don?t remember being hit. When I sit down the pain increases and in the moment that I stand up it is very painful. Perhaps Sjogren is not the cause, but I was wondering if someone else has this problem.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 08:53:34 PM »
Heel pain is often achilles tendon pain. The tendons are affected a lot with Sjogrens. I get the achilles off and on. Sometimes it hurts so bad that when my feet hit the floor in the morning I groan a lot. The thing with achilles tendons is one has to move very slow in the morning until the muscles/ tendons get warmed up and loosened up. Then point of this is to prevent an Achilles tendon rupture.

My oldest son has autoimmune disease and about 15 years ago their smoke detector went off at 3AM and he jumped out of bed in a real hurry. When his feet hit the floor his one achilles tendon ruptured. Huge pain!!! He had surgery and missed 6 months of work.

Not to scare you but to help you understand the significance of the inflammatory processes in our tendons. This inflammation can hit the carpal tunnel and ulnar tendons plus just about any tendon in our body. I often get aches and pains in strange places and if it doesn't hurt like a muscle I take it easy anyway cause it probably is a tendon and the pain will go away. One day I went out to pull a weed---not a very big one either and I ruptured the tendon in my left little finger. I did not go to the doctor.

When I did go to the ortho surgeon for another carpal tunnel surgery I showed him my finger. He said I should have come in. It would have taken 2 surgeries and up to a year to heal. My little finger is so small that I doubt my skinny little tendon would have survived anyway. I haves had 3 Carpal tunnel surgeries and need one more. Had to have both of them redone. Lots of inflammation and I am on IVIG and Prednisone and didn't prevent further damage.

Years ago we had a gal on here with really bad pain in her coccyx area. She was finally diagnosed with puedental neuropathy. This is a nerve that runs between the pubic bone and the coccyx. Just a suggestion. When we have autoimmune diseases we can have all sorts of pain in strange places and the doctors need to listen to us and work with us. Hope you can find a doctor who can help you out.

The Plaquenil just may help your tendon pain eventually. It takes time to reach its full potential. Good luck Irish