Author Topic: Interesting (short) article on hopeful new research  (Read 2626 times)

Sleepy In Seattle

Interesting (short) article on hopeful new research
« on: February 21, 2014, 08:19:27 AM »
Saw this on FB today - they specifically mention Sjogrens:
http://freepressjournal.in/blocking-key-molecule-can-curb-autoimmune-disease/
Sjogren's, Lupus, Raynaud's, APS
Fatigue, Brain Fog, Autoimmune Hearing Loss, joint/muscle pain, dry mouth, clots in retina, etc
GF, "semi-Paleo" diet, Supplements, Plaquenil 400mg/day, Aspirin 325mg/day (for APS), Methotrexate 7mg/2x per week, Prednisone 3.5mg/day

Velcro

Re: Interesting (short) article on hopeful new research
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »
That's very interesting.  I've been seeing a number of articles lately where they seem to be identifying certain cells or binding cells that they are starting to identify as problems.  I hope that means we are moving in the right direction.

Also, I am on the State Board now for Scleroderma, and we held a conference call for our "winter" meeting last Saturday.  One of the Doctors on the board (from a well known hospital) was telling us that a research study he has been involved in has also been identifying that Vit D (lack of) is playing a huge role in Scleroderma.  It's been known for a while now that people with autoimmunes in general seem to have trouble absorbing Vit D, but the way he was talking, they have made some type of key discovery in how some type of binding agent is blocking the absorption of it.