Author Topic: Things NOT TO SAY to anyone in grief.  (Read 1318 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Things NOT TO SAY to anyone in grief.
« on: February 04, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »
Saw this today.

http://stillstandingmag.com/2014/01/6-things-never-say-bereaved-parent/

It applies to all kinds of grief.

Hugs, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

litliwlowa

Re: Things NOT TO SAY to anyone in grief.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:12:07 PM »
Excellent article and very much on point.

SJS-Primary; Hashi's, Post surgical hypothyroidism, Hypoparathyroidism, Spondylolithesis, L&C Facet Arthropathy, Fibro, gluten intolerance, TBI, Radiculopathies, Neuralgias, Osteopenia, GERD, Asthma, Allergies. Sphincter Dyssynergia. OSA, Fasciitis, Cervical Spondylosis, Cancer, etc etc etc

slccom

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
This holds for people dealing with serious disabilities or illness as well. Thanks!

Sharon

aussie mum

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
Thanks for posting this Elaine.
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

AnaGamble

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »
Reminds me of how many people think it's helpful to say "Look on the bright side" or "cheer up it's not all that bad" to a really depressed person, guessing a lot of the bad comments are platitudes that get thrown out because the person who says it doesn't feel like they can handle the situation and ends up using something they think they should use rather than really thinking about what they themselves would feel best hearing. Think the best one I've ever gotten that didn't make me feel worse or angry was; "It can't rain all the time".