Author Topic: Started Cellcept!!!  (Read 5927 times)

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
Re: Started Cellcept!!!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 12:35:36 PM »
I guess it's time to look up Cellcept.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycophenolic_acid

It is an immunosuppressant mainly used for organ transplantation.

Potential future uses
Mycophenolate mofetil is beginning to be used in the management of auto-immune disorders such as idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), scleroderma (systemic sclerosis or SSc), and pemphigus vulgaris (PV) with success for some patients.[7]

Okay, the list keeps growing of ways to deal with AI disorders.

I am in day 3 after my IVIG with 30 gms Gammagard.  I'm not feeling any immune reaction, so the Medrol is doing its wonderful stuff.

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

SjoGirl

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 01:59:27 PM »
Praying it helps.
Raynauds, sero-negative RA, Primary SjS, osteopenia, degenerative disc disease, disc protrusions,stenosis, Carpal tunnel,  poly neuropathy, myoclonus, hiatal hernia, esophagitis, viral infection, Leukopenia. Restasis, Vitamin D, B12, Evoxac, Lanzoprezole, calcium acetaminophen.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 10:12:35 PM »
Elaine, The Cellcept is actually becoming a huge player in autoimmune disease the past several years. It is used more than ever in lupus and I think this is just the beginning of the influx of cellcept for AID. Don't be surprised to see other transplant drugs used in AID. When I started on this forum about 9 years ago you seldom saws Cellcept even mentioned. Heck, you didn't see much mentioned except for the Methotrexate and the Plaquenil. Times, they are a changing. Stay warm girl.

It is supposed to be 20 below in the morning and I have to get up at 5 AM to drive 2 hours to my infusion. My infusion is the most favorite place to be lately. I have an IViin my arm and can't leave for 6 hours. I get to take benedryl and sleep. Irish

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 01:37:26 AM »
We all love you irish. I know what you mean about in the best of marriages it is still hard when one or both is sick. Me and my dear husband are both sick, and due to this, I find my self sometimes up all night by myself just for time to myself, even though it may not be the best for me.

Well, I sleep later when I do lay down so who cares. lol.... I almost had time to myself tonight except when all my fur babies all got into a fight. I had to raise my voice pretty much screaming at them so they wouldn't kill each other, and my poor hubby came running out of the bedroom with no shoes on. lol..

He said what's going on. I told him it all happened after I gave them each a dog bone treat, and all away from each other, but they started trying to take each others. My husband said, I  haven't jumped out of bed and ran that fast since I was a kid. lol....

See, my precious hubby is like me, heavy. So to see him running, and he never goes barefoot due to his bad diabetes. I couldn't help, but to laugh after he went back to bed.

I hope somehow this brings a chuckle to you.

Many many, hugs,
Susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

quietdynamics

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2014, 09:16:31 AM »

Irish so great to hear the Cellcept is helping so much..wishing continued relief for you.

susanep .. I pictured your family night adventure, fur balls (naughty critters  ;)) and all in my head and could not but laugh ... must have been a sight...lol.
Thank you for the laugh...always a good thing.

...of course Irish zoning into the twilight was another image I got.... do you take your "warm, fuzzy slippers" with you?
I would pick up crazy socks just to get a laugh from the staff.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »
So glad to hear you are getting some help.  Do you go by yourself and are you able to drive after the Benadryl?  I have to have someone drive me and stay with me cause of all the pre drugs before chemo.

Susanep, you gave me a chuckle after the night you had, and I needed that.  I am in so much pain from my back (9) on pain scale.

We'll got to get dressed and go for flu and pneumonia shots,hope I get no reactions!

Love you all
Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

lighthouse33

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Novelty Socks:

I liked the Pigs Flying Socks and the Stay Calm Socks:

foottraffic.com/prod_detail_list/Womens_Novelty_Socks

absolutesocks.com/
Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products