Author Topic: Thank you Dr Oz and Venus!  (Read 9052 times)

quietdynamics

Re: Thank you Dr Oz and Venus!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 03:18:20 PM »

There is a comment section on his site.
I left one with links.  So far it is the only one on Sjogrens...come on folks spread the word. Write a comment.

Venus, is still young and a "commodity" she will promote her product lines and positive "I can do" attitude. She has a fitness journal on her "Elleven" site. I am not sure, I think she will be making health videos, etc.

Who would buy videos from someone on the decline? Progressive, no cure path?

I was happy that she pointedly stated: that she did not have dry eyes and mouth as her primary symptoms and that it took her 7 years to get a Dx, Oz seemed taken aback...even with the 6 month follow ups.
Guess Oz could not pick up on that as it countered his dummied down cartoon sketch.

The prior segment on Mind/Body was good. We are influenced by our the environment we create.

Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 03:56:16 PM »
I don't watch TV, hardly ever.

I have you guys for all the fun and games I'll ever need!

Hugs,  Elaine
Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

quietdynamics

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2013, 12:26:35 PM »
Carlolina ..I do not watch much either...for giggles and drama I watch 'national' news.

I googled the video when I saw the post on the forum.

Here is my comment:
"Barbara  · Fairleigh Dickinson University
The brief nod to Sjogrens was sadly lacking and simplistic. Within the scope of the ability of this chronic, and often systemic (organ) progressive disease, for which there is no cure, the ramifications of possible disability and effects on on family can be devastating. Often medically referred to as the "kissing cousin" of Lupus. Here is more information from John Hopkins Medical http://www.hopkinssjogrens.org/disease-information/ and a view of "real lives" of people with this disease on Sjogrensworld.. http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php As Venus stated many people Dx'd with Sjogrens may not immediately present with Dry eye or mouth, rather other symptoms."

I still hope posters and readers will add a comment.
Anyone, at anytime who googles sjogrens and or Venus W. will have the video come up and may see the comments...we can spread information.
The video has 114 comments on only one re: Sjogrens.  :(
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

slccom

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »
I can't find the place to leave comments. Where is it?
Sharon

quietdynamics

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2013, 05:26:23 PM »
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 05:28:03 PM by quietdynamics »

frizzy0206

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2013, 05:43:03 PM »
Dr oz doesn't impress me either...and me Williams should be much more vocal..you know who is??JULIAN LENNON..Google him

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2013, 06:04:53 AM »
Gosh, Frizz, I did Google him but I didn't see anything that knocked me over. What is it about Julian that he's vocal about?

Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

Dee

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2013, 08:31:29 AM »
Lupus.

KS123

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2013, 02:06:06 PM »

There is a comment section on his site.
I left one with links.  So far it is the only one on Sjogrens...come on folks spread the word. Write a comment.

Venus, is still young and a "commodity" she will promote her product lines and positive "I can do" attitude. She has a fitness journal on her "Elleven" site. I am not sure, I think she will be making health videos, etc.

Who would buy videos from someone on the decline? Progressive, no cure path?

I was happy that she pointedly stated: that she did not have dry eyes and mouth as her primary symptoms and that it took her 7 years to get a Dx, Oz seemed taken aback...even with the 6 month follow ups.
Guess Oz could not pick up on that as it countered his dummied down cartoon sketch.

The prior segment on Mind/Body was good. We are influenced by our the environment we create.
  I figured she didn't have dry eyes or mouth-or sun sensitivity--cause there would be no way to play tennis..how can you have sjogrens though without the dryness? i thought that was what the illness was named after-the swedish doc who saw patients with dry eyes and also had dry mouth?

KS123

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2013, 02:13:24 PM »
I am with you Velcro - we need a spokesperson who will tell the whole ugly truth about sjogrens and not sugar coat it.  As far as Dr. Oz is concerned - sounds like he has never treated anyone with sjogrens before so he should not speak about it. 

Although I think it is great that sjogrens is receiving more publicity it needs to be the whole truth of what it could be and what it can do not just how well a celebrity seems to be doing after being diagnosed.
  I agree with you and Velcro.. When it first came out she had it I felt so bad for her but also felt this new hope!  I thought for sure she would really speak out about it and be a pioneer-raise $$ for , etc.. and give it a name so people would know how to pronounce it and would know what it was without having to explain-"it's a sister illness of lupus, dryness, sun sensitivity, fatigue, muscle aches, R/A. "...  It gets old

Like With parkinsons which my dear aunt has-Michael J. Fox has been so open and upfront and bold.. He has really helped the cause--maybe not for his lifetime but for those in 20 or 30 years who first get diagnosed or maybe better treatment even for him. I don't know...  I like that he is "the voice" for it.. He is not too proud ... I wish Venus would follow suit--but since she is in the beginning stages she may never be.. and it may not progress too much for her-but i still wish she would see the seriousness of it and help others..

sorry for my tirade.. can you gals/guys tell i have the stupid Chicago flu going around?? sorry!  just feeling lousy on top of my usual!!! it took me 3 days to figure out it wasnt a flare but the flu!  i am sure you can all relate..