Author Topic: 4 month checkup  (Read 1065 times)

bdnews2

4 month checkup
« on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:33 AM »
I went and had my blood work done for a 4 month checkup.   Everything came back within normal range.  My sodium & potassium were on the high end of the range but all is still good.  vit d was 24 and i think the low end is 30 but md was ok with that.  will just add another d 1000u a couple times a week.  then I proceeded to do 3 12hrs days in a row so i am definitely a hurt puppy today.  they werent supposed to be that way.  just the way my deadlines fell.  i missed a day last week and thats all i need to fall way behind and i did.  i am waiting for the super to realize i cant keep up anymore. but both my pcp and rheumy think its good if i can keep working.  keeps me active and supposedly good for me.  we shall see.  cant wait til end of shift so i can go home and go to bed.  will check back later with you guys.  been having computer problems at home so i have to post at work.  gotta go for now but will be back later. :)

bailey00

Re: 4 month checkup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 11:28:03 AM »
I don't know how you do 12 hour days, I do 8.5 hour days and I'm dead. My PCP is surprised I'm still working but is glad as well, my rheumy thinks it's fine for me to work. I feel for you though. My thoughts and prayers will be with you, and hopefully you can work out a shorter work day.

Tharrell

• There has to be humor in this somewhere!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 12:35:25 PM »
Same here, I do 8-9 hour days and my rheumy wants me to cut down to 4. She also recommended to keep working and stay active. I'm 43 and at the end of day it's come home and pass out a couple of hours. I've decided that when I need to take more or stronger meds to stay at work it's time to go part time even though I love my job.
MCTD, sjogren's,dRTA,CVID, sero neg. ra,achalasia,Morvan’s syndrome,familial dysautonomia,POTS, MCI, IC. Occular neuromyotonia migraines,raynauds,B6,Florinef, propanolol,sodium bicarb, plaquenil,requip,B2,topiramate, synthroid,diazepam,trulance,enbrel,cevimeline,
arava,omeprazole, mexiletin

bdnews2

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 02:27:50 PM »
believe me , those 12hr days werent by choice.  and today i am paying the price.  i havent hurt so much since last year when i went to md in fhe first place cause i hurt so bad.  most of it i think is my fibro but everything resembles the other so its hard to tell.  i keep my days to 8-81/2 as much as possible .  my homelife suffers terribly anymore.  house is a mess, dogs dont know what to think and when i feel bad, they mope and follow me from room to room.  the huskey not happy unless she is right up on the wheels of my desk chair on across my feet.  the other2 just want to be nearby.  my husband is at a loss for words cause he doestn know what to do to help me.  he has been wonderful so far.  i have given him articles about sjs & fibro and he understands 98% of it.  still has a hard time with the amount of sleep i need to get thru my work week.  we are both used to functioning on 4-6hrs a day.  i cant do that anymore.  i need to be in bed by 930 on a work night, up between 5-530 to be in by 10.  that is disgusting,    :'(   but its what i have to do to keep my job.  disability is looking mighty good at this point.  :-\  .  i do have a lot to consider on that point.  we shall see.

Cassi307

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:51:52 PM »
I don't know how you do it either. I barely handle my 5 hr days.

I gave up worrying about my house. If my teen wants the house to be neat for his friends then he needs to help more. Now I have to train the pets to feed themselves!

Take care of yourself.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis, tremors, macular degeneration. Meds:  cardizem cd, low dose Prednisone, Rituxan, Preservision, calcium with d

bdnews2

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:15:18 AM »
i got home from work, took a shower, had some dinner wth hubby and went to bed.  couldnt sleep right away so i turned on the tv and made it thru 2 programs.  was asleep by 10.  feel much better this morning.  have to work today but in customer service which is answering phones.  no physical work except sitting in the chair with headset on.  same for tomorrow.  8hrs no worries at time & half.  will prob come home and go to bed early tonight too.  hubby going to work so he wont be home. i still have 7 more days before a day off.  will not take on that much work again.  when i planned out the overtime offered and my work too i didnt anticipate those 3 long days.  that got totally messed up.  so the same thing was offered to me next month (its covering hours for someone who got fired)  i only took 1 day and that is on the check that pays the mortgage.  she will have to find someone else for the rest.  not doing a repeat next month.  i am on vaca first week of nov.  have a "girls weekend" planned for some out of town flea martketing.  looking forward to it.