Author Topic: Well, surgery did't happen!  (Read 6532 times)

Liz D.

Re: Well, surgery did't happen!
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 07:45:57 AM »
Irish,

Your husband (and you) are so inspirational!  It is so good to hear he is doing a bit better.  I realize he has a grave condition, but his optimistic attitude puts me to shame when I start complaining of a tooth that fell out.  He is such a fighter and he is an example for all of us.

I remember when he was put on the ventilator about a year or so ago, I couldn't believe they were able to get him off.  I thought this man is exceptional.  But I also know he has an exceptional wife that keeps him going to.  Your being so ill as well and taking such good care of him while you are sick really makes us in awe of the two of you.

I know this situation can not go on like this indefinitely and eventually worse things will happen, but in the meantime, please know you and your husband inspire us beyond words!!

Liz D.
55 year old female
Sjogrens Syndrome (diagnosed 2004), Hypothryoidism, Asthma, Osteoporosis
Meds:  Plaquenil 400 mg; Synthroid 100mcg; Evoxac, Flovent, Flonase, Protonix 40 mg.,  Prozac 40 mg. Naproxen 500 mg., Hormone Replacement Therapy, vitamins, calcium, flaxseed, biotin

aussie mum

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 02:02:49 PM »
Ditto Liz D. I could not have said it better.
Sending lots of love to you and your hubby Irish....
Aussie Mum
Daughter - SJS, Lupus, Underactive Thyroid, Wolff Parkinson White Syndrome & Insulin Resistance.

Me - Ankylosing Spondylitis, Total Thyroidectomy, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, High Blood Pressure, Hiatus Hernia, Dry Eyes & Mouth, Stomach Issues, Enbrel, Thyroxine, Atacand, Pariet, Krill Oil, Vit D

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 03:15:05 PM »
Ahh, nothing goes on forever, well maybe the energy of the universe, in some form or another.  But that's a mystery to me.

But everything else, no.

Learning to hold life lightly, with great respect, but with gentleness, that is my goal.

Irish has great wisdom, which she shares with us.

We are blessed to have that wisdom here.

Thinking of you and your family.

Hugs

Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 06:14:42 PM »
THank you again for your kind well wishes and prayers. Yes, life is strange. It goes on so many years and we think we are so busy with all the important things in life, raising kids, keeping a home, and all the other stuff Suddenly all that is gone and all that is left it the kids and grandkids in and out and bad health and bad news in the world.

We just can't let that be "all there is" because there is more and it is up to each and every one of us to find out what the "all there is" --- for ourselves. It is an awesome responsibility and if we don't take the time we will have cheated ourselves and those close to us out of some of the best experiences of our lives. LIfe is living,, but it is also dying and that is where the proof of a man or woman lies.

If you have a spiritual belief your comfort is always near during our journey. . If you don't have a spiritual belief and choose not to then one needs to find something and someone they can hold dear for the strength they need during these journeys.. My husband is such a kind and loving man---the kind that doesn't yell much and always has loved babies, kids and dogs. He is learning about his journey as we go along.It is not always the way I would have picked for him, but he is doing it in his own way and in his own time. It is up to me to love, protect and nurture him through this process. In going through this we are giving a gift to each other that no one else can share with us. It is not fun, but it is special and something that I would not want to miss for anything in the world.   Never dispare as there is always hope. IRish

harrigan

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2013, 02:06:58 AM »
Thankyou for your lovely, wise words Irish.  Hoping that your shared journey continues to be precious and as easy as it can be and that the memories you are storing up will keep you strong.

People try to find the right words and nothing seems quite right, but your description of a man who "doesn't yell much and always has loved babies kids and dogs" speaks volumes.  What a lovely man, and a lucky man too, to have shared his life with you. 

Much love to you both, Ailsa
Female, 54
Diagnosed with Sjogrens March 09; Rheumatoid Arthritis February 2010
Meds: abatacept, Methotrexate injections , Folic Acid, Amitriptyline, Ozepramole, Tramacet, Glandosane & Viscotears.

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
Oh dear, precious irish,
I am so sorry for your husband's illness, and what you both are going through. If you are like me and my dear husband you are at least so thankful to go through whatever together.

I am praying for both of you precious folks. Cherish each day together sharing in your great love.

Much love to both of you.

God Bless both of you sis.

susanep
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

Ripvanann

• "A DESIRE FULFILLED IS A TREE OF LIFE"
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »
Irish, that's pure poetry girl! Living proof that you and your husband are one flesh.  Absolutely beautiful, and as so many have said, inspiring. We're praying .
More peace and blessings to you. ~Andrea
Primary SjS, Steroid Induced Cushing's Syndrome, RA, Thyroiditis, Hyperparathyroidism, Raynaud's, Autonomic & Small Fiber NLeuropathy, Fibro. Osteoporosis, & other fun stuff associated w/ the afore mentioned. ~Meds: prednisone, Plaqu, Citracal D & Pain Meds, Compazine, phenergan, Iberogast.

Dee

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:56 AM »
Irish, your situation is bringing a tear to my eye and your hope a smile to my heart.  Bless you, your dear husband and your family. 

Dee

Velcro

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2013, 11:55:54 AM »
You and Mr. Irish inspire me immensely.

mebog

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
My Dear Irish,   May God Bless you and your Hubby.

May you be  Heaven a half hour before the devil knows you are dead.    (for both of you)

Love and Prayers
          Mebog

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 01:58:42 PM »
Irish

So sorry to hear your dh is ill, my prayers are with both of you.  Remember to take care of you.

Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

quietdynamics

« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

Irish and Family...hoping you are holding up and dear husband will be home soon.

Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"