Author Topic: Well, surgery did't happen!  (Read 6530 times)

Carebear

Re: Well, surgery did't happen!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 09:21:28 PM »
Dear Irish,

I am so very sorry to hear about your husband's health.  Please try to take care of yourself, okay?
Sjogren's syndrome, RA,  Raynaud's phenomenon, Celiac Disease, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Grave's Disease, Fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, Osteopenia, Cervical Stenosis

Gabapentin, Methotrexate, Synthroid, Dexilant, Domperidone, Metronidazole, Pennsaid, folic acid.

ellenkerr

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »
Dear Irish,

So sorry to hear your hubby isn't doing well.  I'm sending hugs and prayers for both of you and for the family. I know how stressful this can be for all of you, but please take good care of yourself.

((((((Hugs)))))

olmphoto2

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 04:13:22 AM »
Many prayers for you all, dear ((((Irish))).
Mary Ann in Wisconsin

"A man will be imprisoned in a room with a door that is unlocked and opens inwards as long as it does not occur to him to pull rather than push." 
          Ludwig Wittgenstein

finallyadx

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 05:19:07 AM »
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Daisy1234

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 05:35:59 AM »
#Irish and your hubby, praying for you both. 

Maybe 6th time will be a charm for your carpal tunnel surgery Irish, but in the meantime, hoping hubby gets better soon.

Daisy

A66eyroad

• Be kind to yourself today!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:44 AM »
Keep us in the loop, sweet girl. Holding you in the light.
Female, 61
Sjogrens, UCTD, and subacute cutaneous lupus. Flu-like symptoms, mouth & nasal ulcers, itchy rash, high cholesterol, headache, earache, tinnitis, dizziness. Hangover-like nausea, especially in the a.m.
Plaquenil, Atabrine, DHEA, Aleve, Evoxac, Allegra/Benedryl, esomeprazole.

bjnc

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 07:06:02 AM »
I'm also praying for you, Iris, and for your husband.  You're showing amazing strength and patience. 
Female 56, diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis 1986; also have Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease (in my case, a combination of Lupus and Sjogren's), Grave's Disease. Remicade, (a biologic for Ps. Arthritis), Arava, Cymbalta, Evoxac, Trazodone, Synthroid; Miralax

quietdynamics

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2013, 09:27:36 AM »

Irish...always prayers of strength to you. And to your son.

Hoping that all medical works well for your husband and he is home soon.

Yes..."Guess God has a sense of humor"...Even a dry one.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Velcro

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »
So sorry Irish.  You, Mr. Irish and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

mebog

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
Dear Irish,  I've said many times, the only thing i know how to do is pray.

My Prayers are with you and your family/ :(
 MEBOG

Katybarstool

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »
Irish

I can only repeat what the others have said. Sending you both my love and prayers.

Kathyx

Dolly Dimples

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 03:14:48 PM »
  As ever Irish, my best wishes and prayers sent to you and Hubby,
                                      Good luck,  Dolly

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 06:21:55 PM »
THAnk you so much for all the well wishes. Hubby is doing a little better. His cough has loosened up with the prednisone and could be the antibiotic is doind a little something. It may help for longer than we think but will just take one day at a time. Thankfully hubby is still strong enough to walk and to the bathroom, etc. He sits a lot and still has a lot of pain, especially when he coughs. Doing the nebs 5 times a day and it is always busy at the hospital. I am home and will sleep in my own bed tonight.

Hubby did tell someone today that the future looks a little bleak. That is the first time that I have heard him talk that way. He is the eternal optimist normally. I call him frequently when I am home and his voice always sounds so strong. He traveled for a living and was gone a lot in the earlier years of our marriage. We talked everyday that he was gone and I have always loved the sound of his voice on the phone. It is such a warm comforting sound to me.

The standing joke we have is that we have to make sure to keep his head propped forward so he doesn't snore or have much apnea.  A couple of his docs are bound determined to get him in a CPAP and he is dead set against it. He usually sleeps on his side so when he is in his recliner and taking pain control I am always checking to make sure that his airway is open, etc. He is bound to go out of this life without a CPAP. With all his has wrong I don't think the CPAP would change the time of his destination all that much. Keep the guy happy, I say. He wasn't hungry at noon today so I ordered ice cream and cookies. What the heck, life is short, right!!!!THAnks again. IRish

Cassi307

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Irish,
I am glad he is doing better.

When my older cousin was dying from cancer a few years ago he had a strong conviction that he wanted to die at home where he lived with his wife for 37 years. She died the year before he did. They had no children and his wife's nephew wanted nothing more than to put him in a nursing home. I did everything I could to help him have his wish and I believe he was comforted by that when his time came.

You have such a close and loving relationship with your husband and that bond may be what keeps him going. I admire that relationship. I wish both of you well.

Continuing to send support.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis, tremors, macular degeneration. Meds:  cardizem cd, low dose Prednisone, Rituxan, Preservision, calcium with d

ellenkerr

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 09:21:54 PM »
Irish, so glad the hubby is doing a little better. My mother had COPD before she passed, and was on oxygen, and there was no way

she would wear a CPAP.  Its a fact of life than none of us will live forever, some of us know how long we have and others don't.  My

mother passed before we thought she would, and as hard as it was to accept, it was a blessing she was no longer in pain and fighting

for breath.  I don't know how long your time with your hubby will be, but it sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship, and I'm

so happy for you that when the time comes, you will have so many memories to comfort you until you can see each other again.  Yes,

cookies and ice cream should be the order for the day, but don't forget the chocolate.  Chocolate makes everyone feel better, except it

makes your clothes shrink.  Sending big hugs to you,  please take care of yourself.