Author Topic: Unexplained bruise top of foot  (Read 60918 times)

Dee

Unexplained bruise top of foot
« on: August 21, 2013, 12:10:02 AM »
I included link to photo below.

I woke up with this bruise this morning on top of my foot it wasn't there Yesterday and I did not drop anything on it or bump it and it does not hurt.

This evening I noticed the two big red spots, they were not there this morning.

The purple looks lighter in the pic then actual. it is kind of dark like a blackish purple.

http://s235.photobucket.com/user/whymedee/media/image.jpg.html

Any ideas on this?

I happen to have follow up apt with rheumy in the morning, I will show Her if I remember, appt is at 8:15 I will barely be functioning.

It's always something, I'm still dealing with ear infection two plus weeks and my sciatica started acting up this past week also. Oy and ugh and argh and of course I can't sleep but do not want to awaken SO by digging around for xanex so decided to post pic of my non injury bruise.

Oh and of course, am in desperate need of a pedi which I didn't get over the weekend, and this has to happen, I can see it tomorrow... Will you please look at this bruise without looking at my toes!

Dee

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Unexplained bruise top of foot
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 04:45:07 AM »
I do not know what it is. Personally I have had similar bruises when I lightly brush against something.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

Nancy60

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:31:16 AM »
I randomly get similar bruises on the top of my feet with no known cause. I've not taken pictures or brought it up to my doctor before but have wondered about it. I've wondered about low platelets or clotting issues or vasculitis but like I said, haven't brought it to my doctors attention. I'll be interested to hear what your doctor says.

Nancy

Velcro

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:53:17 AM »
I hope the Rheumy can tell you what is going on.

Sooki

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:35:52 AM »
Unexplained bruising is so worrisome.  Always good to be up to date on your CBC (esp. platelets). 
68 yo, Sjogren's, Lupus, Hashimoto's, fatigue, MGUS, peripheral neuropathy, ocular rosacea
Plaquenil, CellCept, Synthroid, Atorvastatin, Xiidra, doxycycline, D3, biotin, B12, ALA, DHEA, Ubiquinol, CPAP, D-mannose, Paleo AIP, fish oil, Cliradex wipes

Dee

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 08:02:34 AM »
Ok well rheumy noted bruise, asked if I had any others, said its an odd place for it and didn't seem too concerned as long as it resolves and others don't occur.

Alrighty then.

I do bruise easily but this one is a bit much anyway for now chalking it to a one off incident.

Dee

slccom

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 11:25:03 AM »
I am always walking into walls, bumping up against things, and so on. The days I don't wake up or go to bed with a new bruise are rare. Sometimes if I break a surface blood vessel I get a bruise that looks like yours, but generally I have no pain.

Sharon

artistangie

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 11:54:11 AM »
I have been freaked out by unexplained bruises more than once... that was a bad one!

quietdynamics

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:16:09 PM »

Dee on my monitor it appears that your veins are showing as well?

Is that usual for you? If not maybe if it happens again take a photos showing both feet for comparison?

Is it possible your husband kicked you in the night?  My dog (not very heavy) had slipped and quickly stepped on my foot. I could not believe the bruise that resulted.

A few times I have woken with a red/purple small bruise on my inner eyelid, top? I should take a photo.
Sjogrens ANA 1:640; SS-A/B+; Fibro; IBS; Neuro symptoms,Thyroid Anti-bodies; Ocular Rosacea, Livedo reticularis,

"You can't have a positive life with a  negative mind"

Scottietottie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 12:36:19 PM »
Hi  :)

I would ask your doc about any unexplained bruising. I did - and had photos with me. I was sent to a haematologist who did various tests. I was fine but was told not to take NSAIDs any more. Obviously, judging by the tests, the bruising can be caused by various things - so best to get it checked out.

Take care - Scottie  :)
http://sjogrensworld.org/   (our home page)
http://www.sjogrensworld.org/chats.htm   (find our chat times here!)
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.dal.net  (way to chat + nickname and #Sjogrensworld)

Never do tomorrow what you can put off till the day after tomorrow!

Jea

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »
I know that there hasn't been any updates on this post in a long time, but I want to comment on it.  I get these bruises on the top of my feet Alot. I currently have one on the top of both of my feet. I do not know how I get them, and I do not believe that they are from any trauma like running into or dropping something on my feet. I do actually have a bit of relief knowing others get them to, however at the same time I am sorry to see other people with these bruises as well. I have been getting them for many years. If anyone has other information on them, please feel free to chat with me. Take care.

irish

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
The first think I thought of  was the fact that people with autoimmune issues can have issues with  bleeding problems. I also wondered if you popped a capillary which can happen for some reason at times.

I would keep the pictures and absolutely show the doctor and ask. Ask if the antibiotics you have been on could cause bleeding or leaking of capillaries. Also, as scottie said, there comes a time when we will be referred to Hematology to have our blood cells and bone marrow that makes cells, spleen, etc. checked out. Do not forget to ask cause it is an important question. Good luck. Irish

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 05:01:52 AM »
Hi Dee, I have an immune disorder that has profoundly damaged my feet and legs.

One result is that the blood flow in my feet isn't normal, blood doesn't get to the toes.  It isn't a vascular problem, but a neurological problem.

My feet are always odd colors, as a result.  And I also have bruising on the tops of my feet occasionally.

I just assume it's part of the neuropathy. I also don't 'feel' as clearly what may happen to my feet, so the bruises may be from very mild trauma.

Keep track, and keep us posted!

Regards, Elaine
Female-Elaine,76-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Anemia-Copper Def-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-B-12-Iron-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3

Nancy1950

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:57 PM »
Hi Dee,

See my post from July about Achenbach's syndrome. Your bruise looks just like what happens on my hands, and apparently this issue can affect hands and feet. It's a benign condition, apparently, and the bruises can just spontaneously appear.

Nancy