Author Topic: Feeling Weak  (Read 1355 times)

susanep

• Each Day Is A Miracle !
Feeling Weak
« on: June 07, 2013, 06:05:01 AM »
I had a C.A.T. Scan done yesterday on my neck to see if they can find out why my left arm still has nerve pain, and numb finger.

I am feeling so weak past few days. I feel like I have done nothing but slept or laid down past few days except for the scan.

I thought I was ok after I got up this morning, but now I am so weak again. I know I will have to lay down soon again.

I need to visit my dad again since not seeing him in past few days, but that seems so hard right now.

I hope all of you are doing ok. I know I will be fine, just coming here to talk since I can't talk to my 2 sisters.

My husband is great, but I don't like to complain to him so much. lol....It's already hard on him seeing how my sisters are right now toward me and him. If I mention feeling ill to them they just say I want attention. Well, I don't from them.

Thanks for listening all,
susanep :)
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

finallyadx

Re: Feeling Weak
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 07:51:46 AM »
Hi Susan - so sorry to hear you are having a difficult time right now.  Do you know what you are feeling so weak?  Is it your neck issue or are you in a flare?  The weather here in NE is making me extraordinarily tired - damp, dreary and allergy-ridden!!!! 

It sounds like you need to rest and take care of yourself, sounds like what you have been doing the last few days is just what your body needs.  Do not let others make you feel badly about taking care of yourself and doing what you need to in order to function well.  I am certain your dad will understand if it takes another day or two to see him, can you call him to talk with him so that he knows you are thinking of him? 

Sorry to hear abour your insensitive sisters and the lack of support they provide for you.  You can always come here to vent.

Sending positive thoughts and healing wishes your way.  Hope your fatigue improves over the next few days so that you are able to do the things you want and really feel you need to.  Hang in there.
Primary ss dx 2013, plaquenil, vitamin d, iron supplements, vitamin b12, d-mannose for chronic UTI's, magnesium for heart palpatations and Zinc

Karla

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »
Susan,
I hope you get to feeling better soon. It's no fun being so tired all of the time. I understand how you feel about not seeing your Dad. I have the same  issue with mine. I think he is starting to understand that I really don't feel well, and after the work week, just need to rest. My Dad has started coming to see me instead of me going to his house.

I have issues with my neck and left arm/wrist/hand pain as well. Several ruptured disks, but not bad enough for surgery. My physical therapist prescribed a TENS unit for me, it really helps a lot. Have you tried one?

Stay positive and take care of yourself!

Karla

long time dry

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2013, 08:49:01 AM »
I'm so sorry to learn you are having this problem.  It's certainly discouraging and even more so while trying to find a reason for all your problems.

Could I ask what your neck problems are?  I've been having pain and some numbness in my left arm for the last 2 weeks.  My doctor currently has me taking Aleve for it and it seems to get better and then worse.  I may need to make an appointment to go in next week for him to decide on what to try next.

susanep

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, and I  also am sorry to hear that some of you are in a flair and/or having pain from other problems too.

The problems in my neck have been some stiffness, and then pain when I turn it to the left, which then causes the pain down my arm, with enormous tingling pain.

It may be something in disks or something pressing on nerves or attacking nerves. I don't yet know. I will let you know when I find out so that it may help some of you too if y ou have similar pain.

I have been in a daze today, and wonder if the contrast dye they put in me yesterday to take the cat scan is causing me some problems.

Hugs All,
Sjogren's, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypothyroid, Fibro, Sleep Apnea, Diabetes 2, Asthma, and Gerd.  (Meds I take) Omeprazole, Pilocarpine, Levothyroxine, Effexor, Cpap, Aspirin, Mobic, Prilosec,, Xanax, Restasis, Systane,Vitamin D3, Plaquenil, Gabapentin, Provigil , Advair, Nasonex, and Proventi

lighthouse33

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2013, 01:54:33 PM »
It sounds like you have, what my dad has, cervical spondylosis.  His arms were numb and he couldn?t even use them.  He had a spinal fusion done on two or three disks in his neck, can?t remember exactly and I think he had a metal rod of plate put in.  He is doing well.  The doctor told him it would take a year for the numbness to go away.  He was right, it did.

Cervical Spondylosis:

orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00369

Cervical spondylosis

mayoclinic.com/health/cervical-spondylosis/DS00697

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Female
Primary Sjogren's, polyneuropathy, endomitriosis, dietary fructose intolerance
Plaquenil, Lyrica, Tramadal, Omeprazole, Fortical, fish oil, flaxseed oil, benefiber, centrum chewable mulitviitamin, caltrate chewable 600 D+minerals, WSN Nerve Support Formula, Align, Biotene Products

susanep

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 02:00:12 PM »
Thanks for the info about that. It helps to know more info.

NJteacher

• Purpose gives life meaning.
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 02:37:34 PM »
Susan,
I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well.

I hope you find the answers to help you feel better.

Love and hugs,
Donna
😎F 64 years   SJS, Lupus, Raynauds, eczema, Hashimotos thyroid. Tear duct plugs, Gluten free, plaquenil, synthroid, cytomel, restasis,  Biotene products, Systane ultra eye drops, tamoxifen. Breast cancer 5/13, surgery, chemo, radiation, survivor!

long time dry

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »
I ditto Susan's thank you.  This is all helpful information and has given me some thoughts on what to say to my rheumy when I see him.  He has thought my problems stem from arthritis all along.  The problem is, as usual, how to manage the symptoms.

Cricket

• My Cancer Journey
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 03:10:35 PM »
Susan

I have nothing to say that can help you, just wanted to say hope you feel better soon.
Sending hugs
Cricket~
Female 64 yrs. old with:~Lymphoma ~SJS~, Fibro, Neuropathy, Spinal  Stenosis, Degenerative Discs, Shingles Arthritis, Hypo-thyroid.
Rituxan, Synthroid, Lopressor, Vasotec, Zantac, Zyrtec, evoxac, Lexapro, Neurotin, Ambien, Zanaflex, Voltarm, Vicodin, fish oil, Centrum vit.,  CoQ10, vit. D, Miralax

susanep

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
Thanks again all, and I will let you know when I find out more, because I want to help others who are suffering with similar issues.