Author Topic: any suggestions??  (Read 1804 times)

bdnews2

any suggestions??
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:38:41 PM »
Not one of my better days.  I had an incident at work that really floored me.  I do medical records for a pharmacy that services nursing homes.  I am responsibe for putting in diets, physical & occupational therapy orders, treatment orders etc. running specific reports and printing paperwork for the following month.  one of my facilities called and said I didnt do some request that was sent in last week.  I dont remember seeing them or doing them but my name and initials were everywhere regarding the orders.  they definitely were not done.  I have noticed that i find myself having to stop and think about what i am doing and moving on without finishing the current task.  It scared the bejesus out of me.  I have been off center all day.  I do not have a regular rheumy since my md has been doing well with me but i called and made an appt with a rheumy today.  my first appt is 6/12.  thats the first i could get as a new patient.  i am constantly tired even taking ritalin.  i have a hard time getting up in the morning.  thankfully my husband works nights and is just coming home when i need to get up so he keeps after me.  i dont have any energy when i get home.  but yet i get days where i am unstoppable.  i get so much done and the next day might be the same then i am back to too tired to get out of my own way.  Is this how its going to be for me??  i have fibromyalgia, arthritis and lupus.  my sister had lupus/hodgkins and i remember her having ups & downs but i was a teenager and didnt pay really close attention.  i wonder if she went thru this too.

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: any suggestions??
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
Are you experiencing "brain fog" on your bad days? I have no other term for it.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism

bdnews2

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 02:21:11 PM »
Oh my heavens yes.   It seems to take me longer now to get my act together.  I manage to get to work on time (8am) but its almost lunchtime before I am fully functional.  Sometimes (very rarely) it will last all day and the next day no problems at all.  Is this a fast progressing thing or does it just seem that way to me?  I'm not sure if I'm doing good, medium or bad.

Pisces24

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »
Do you by chance get interrupted in a task?
It seems I get interrupted a bunch in my job so I learned to just start all over again with an item. I process withdrawals, etc. for pension plans. It is sooo easy to miss something and my work gets very detailed.
I also go over what I did so I don't miss something.

We are human and make mistakes. Don't kick yourself too much, just learn and adjust.
Good Luck!

Carolina

• —if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne R.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:31:31 PM »
Dearest bdnews,

I don't know your diagnosis (es).

But there is this:

Expert Opinion: Neuropsychological Impairments In Females with Primary Sjögren’s Syndrome: New Insights

"Several studies have shown that verbal abilities (Verbal IQ) tend to be significantly less than non-verbal visuo/spatial abilities (Performance IQ) for individuals with pSS.7, 13, 21, 22 These studies further suggest that this pattern of performance exists within the context of normal Full Scale IQ scores. In addition to these relative deficits in verbal functioning, verbal memory problems have also been reported within the context of relatively spared visual memory skills.14,19,"

http://bmctoday.net/practicalneurology/2010/06/article.asp?f=expert-opinion-neuropsychological-impairments-in-females-with-primary-sjgrens-syndrome-new-insights

From Johns Hopkins:

"The neurological complications of Sjogren’s syndrome are extensive and range from cognitive difficulties to burning toes and feet."

http://www.hopkinssjogrens.org/disease-information/sjogrens-syndrome/neurologic-complications/

If you have Sjogren's (with or without the confirming blood work) then this is quite possibly what is going on.

Keep us posted.

Keep it simple, takes notes, make lists, think positively.

Hugs

Elaine

Female-Elaine,78-CVID-pSJS-IC-PN-CAD-Osteoarthritis-COPD-SFN-Knee/Shoulder Degeneration-SIBO-Intertrigo-Act.Purpura-Raynaud's-Meniere's-Hiatal Hernia-Achalasia-IVIG Gamunex-Medrol-Gabapentin-Atenolol-Pilocarpine-LDN-Nasonex-Lipitor-Estrogel-D-Mannose-NAC-Co-Q10-D3-Omega 3-Naltrexone-Omeprazole-

susan

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 12:24:57 PM »

Elaine,

Thank you for the article from Johns Hopkins on neuropathy! Very helpful.

Having numerous neurological symptoms currently.

Has anyone had consultation from Hopkins & if so was it helpful?

Sjogrens, Stills disease, Acromegaly, Interstitial cystitis

Plaquenil, Prednisone, Octreotide injectable, Crestor, Xanax

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »
Acetyl L Carnitine and Alpha Lipoic Acid helped me to get over my brain fog. R lipoic acid is better than Alpha Lipoic Acid.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism