Author Topic: Guide to supplements for arthritis  (Read 2959 times)

Nancy60

Guide to supplements for arthritis
« on: May 12, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
I found this guide that looks like good info for those using supplements to manage their Sjogrens

http://www.arthritistoday.org/arthritis-treatment/natural-and-alternative-treatments/supplements-and-herbs/supplement-guide/index.php

Nanc,y

Cassi307

Re: Guide to supplements for arthritis
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »
Thanks Nancy. I have heard of cats claw and thought of trying that but want to check with my nephrologist first. Soybeans are high in protein and I am on restricted protein. I initially thought drinking soy milk was good for me until I found out it was on my list of non,permissable foods.

I do use krill oil instead of fish oil caps. They are smaller and are a good source of o ega. My primary told me that non only was it good for my heart health it was good for my joints.

Thanks for the link. I am open to anything that will help me with inflammation since my md will not order anything stronger than Tylenol. Would love to hear if anyone is using anything else from this list.
Sjogren's, seronegative RA,  ckd, hyperparathyroidism, asthma,  osteoporosis, tremors, macular degeneration. Meds:  cardizem cd, low dose Prednisone, Rituxan, Preservision, calcium with d

Joe S.

• Fibro, Sjs, RA, CNS, Diabetes, TIA's, ADHD, ptsd
    • Chakra Force
Re: Guide to supplements for arthritis
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »
They missed tart cherry extract and UCII. Other wise, a nice list.
bkn C4 & C5, herniation's 7 n, 5 t, 4 l, Nerve Damage
Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Metformin, Furosemide, Glimepiride,
Centrum Silver, Cinnamon, Magnesium, Flaxseed, Inositol, D3, ALA, ALC, Aleve, cistanche
Reiki, reflexology, meditation, electro-herbalism